Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Evaluating the Members ´ Contributions    

Evaluating the Members ´ Contributions

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

Evaluating the Members ´ Contributions

Dear colleagues!

As you have noticed,  a new option of evaluating the ESLprintables contributions was introduced not long ago ( with one - five stars - from bad to excellent).  Tastes differ, as the proverb goes, so do the results of evaluation.

My  rhetoric question is �How can a contribution be evaluated as bad/poor if it was downloaded more than once?�.

I suggest , when evaluating our the members� works, that we should take into consideration the following facts:

-          how important and essential  the work is

-          what  material is taken for the work

-          how creative  the author is  (new ideas,  unusual presentation of the material)

-          how the work is made ( a bare text  or it has got illustrations - pictures, frames, schemes, etc.)

-          how many different tasks the work has

Of course, you can add some other facts for being taken into consideration.

Julia

4 Jun 2016      

anthy_surianti
Indonesia

why i can �t download task from this websites?

4 Jun 2016     

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

You are new here. Please read attentively the rules of  the site   following the link

http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

4 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

Well, IMHO a ws or ppt can be  bad or poor if it is almost empty or if there are many mistakes...  or it is copied from somewhere and in these cases it should be reported.

Rating will always be very personal and different because some teachers like colourful worksheets but others like B&W, some prefer lots of pictures but others not and so on... Sometimes (also in New contributions!) we see here outstanding, very useful originals and can �t stop admiring people who make them and share without any reward except our �Thank you � and these new rating stars now.

But sometimes, a worksheet that looks very simple, can be very helpful and give a new idea for the next lesson. And it doesn �t matter it is downloaded only a few times I �ll give this person �thank you � and 5 stars...

4 Jun 2016     

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

I completely agree with kohai.

4 Jun 2016     

elderberrywine
Germany

I don �t see why we need evaluation.

Serious evaluation would mean using the printable in class and seeing if it really goes down well and then going back to ESL printables to give it points. It doesn �t make sense to evaluatejust after te download because you might not even have discovered monstrous mistakes in the worksheet.

Personally, I simply could not be bothered to go back and evaluate the next day (or even months later iin case  I only saved the printable with the intentio of using it on a rainy day)  and would probably never find it because I don �t note the author.

Tastes in worksheets vary wiedely on this site, so I would not trust evaluations, just as I don �t trust the number of downloads a worksheet got.

Over the last couple of years, people have complained again and again that there is far too much colour in the worksheets and far too many pictures and that they are too garish. Well, those are the ones that get most downloads! Other people simply love all the colour and pictures and frames which I, for example, painstakingly remove before saving or printing resources from this site.
The most precious things I have found were very sober, inconspicuous worksheets that were very substantial on another level than colour and pictures. 
Maybe we shouldn �t take this evaluation business too seriously!
elder

4 Jun 2016     

kwsp
United States

I agree 100% with elderberry �s entire post. Also, I too delete many of the pictures and change the page color to white. If there are a lot of graphics on the worksheets it tends to confuse my ESL students. It is like the numerous pictures, lines, dashes, and dots  puts the students � "trying to decipher English" ability on overload. Besides, I pay for all of the paper and ink so I never print in color. I have gotten pretty adept at refilling my black ink cartridges. :)

4 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

As to me, I don�t download and make copies of many worksheets because we use coursebooks (+workbooks) at school and I also have to pay for all the paper (and the ink if I want to print in colour). Only B&W copying is supported at my school. 

But I went back to some ppts I downloaded even last year and was the first to give them 5 stars because I have found them really useful, e.g., all the templates by mracine which I have used (with his kind permission, of course!) for my own ppt games...

5 Jun 2016     

rodrigomacias
Mexico

Thank you for adding this feature! it is always good to get a little recognition for the free work that we are putting into the printables, even if it is just a rating it feels good to get our work acknowledged by other humans and not just algorithms :) Thanks again! 

Rodrigo 

5 Jun 2016     

rossman1
Peru

Dear members:

I would like to contanct with els printables since they cancel my account in this webside I do not why ( so upset)
My name is Erika LLomona and 2 days ago I had like 16658 points since I am an old user and this morning they sent me a message that my account was canceled .

If they noticed that everything was not correct they should cancel my points but not my whole account, that is something so unfair in my old accout ( the one I used to have 1 day ago) I had beautiful worksheets made by my own I now I do not have access to them I have not saved them and they are quite important for me .
Please I need them as soon as possible there must be a way to get them back.

I am so concern and actually I am pregnant ( 7 months)  and loosing them is wasting my time please try to consider my request.

Thanks a lot 

1 Sep 2016     

rossman1
Peru

Dear members:

I would like to contanct with els printables since they cancel my account in this webside I do not why ( so upset)
My name is Erika LLomona and 2 days ago I had like 16658 points since I am an old user and this morning they sent me a message that my account was canceled .

If they noticed that everything was not correct they should cancel my points but not my whole account, that is something so unfair in my old accout ( the one I used to have 1 day ago) I had beautiful worksheets made by my own I now I do not have access to them I have not saved them and they are quite important for me .
Please I need them as soon as possible there must be a way to get them back.

I am so concern and actually I am pregnant ( 7 months)  and loosing them is wasting my time please try to consider my request.

Thanks a lot 

1 Sep 2016     

1    2    Next >