Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About rating    

About rating

karagozian
France

I fully agree with Silvia. This rating system is not clear and unnecessary. i prefer leaving comments. BTW I do not understand how so many people simply download without leaving e tiny weeny little comment. The contributor has spent lots of time and energy and saves time and energy to others. A simple "thanks" won �t take too long.

29 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

The system has been here for about a month.

If I am not mistaken, they tried the same (or similar?) rating system on iSLcollective.com for a while but found it useless (because most of the members didn�t vote) and removed.

I totally agree with karagozian, too. On average, 10 downloads go with 1 comment.  You are lucky if you manage to get more. On the other side, Thank you notes show us which members respect other people and their work.

29 Jun 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What infuriates me - and it �s with another site, the TES (Times Educational Supplement) is that invariably the people who give the harshest marks and worst comments are not uploaders themselves! At least we all contribute on here. I made a mistake early on, with a great piece of work from Zailda. I pressed one star, then went to press 2, 3, 4, 5, but you can only press one and so it stayed on one point! Oops!

30 Jun 2016     

EstherLee76
Peru

I am uncomfortable with putting a number value on work done by someone, to be honest. I prefer to write comments on my students’ work. We have to give a number value because the state asks us to, otherwise I wouldn’t do it at all. I am much more comfortable with the comment system we have on ESL Printables rather than a point system. As members have said, it’s easy to make mistakes or be judgmental. However, comments are much more informative and expressive. That’s my two cents, anyway.

30 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

Thank you, dear friends, for joining in and giving your point of view.

I started this post, not in order to look for culprits... Just wanted to know what you think about the rating system. It seems that nobody finds it useful... 

But I love seeing 5 stars on some of my contributions, as well as on other members� very well-done work! And, I am going to give all five of them whenever I�ll be downloading somebody�s work which perfectly suits my students. What�s bad in it?

1 Jul 2016     

< Previous   1    2