Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Interactive Story on eslprintables ? (action maze story)    

Interactive Story on eslprintables ? (action maze story)

moravc
Czech Republic

Interactive Story on eslprintables ? (action maze story)

Hello friends,
I thought I am boardgame addict, but I have a new love -> pick-a-path stories. Big smile
They are also called interactive story, story maze, or action maze story.

Examples: London Jack the Ripper http://www.oup.com.au/titles/elt/readers/oxford_bookworm_starters/9780194234283)
Evil Landlady http://www.halfbakedsoftware.com/quandary/version_2/examples/landlady.htm
The reader chooses which path to take through the story.

I wonder: Are there any OFFLINE - cardgame interactive stories on eslprintables or on internet - suitable for EFL students? For beginners ? I would love to have a collection of such books - stories...
IF you have shared such stories, please let us know. THANKS in advance.

2 Mar 2009      

pauguzman
Argentina

thanks for sharing!!=)

3 Mar 2009     

mizutamari
United States

There are paperback books that are filled with these kinds of interactive stories.  I remember we could order them through the school when I was in elementary school.

Perhaps if your school has any contact with English book suppliers you could ask them if they have any or know of a place where you can order them them?  I �m sure there are book suppliers online, like Amazon, that are bound to have some.

OR, better yet, your class could make their own interactive story like this one:

3 Mar 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thanks mizutamari,
but I am looking for an easy interactive stories that were written for EFL students.
That �s the problem. Most of the stories are on the internet, but they are too difficult for pre-intermediate students.
And the other problem is: I need offline stories :-( I need a printable, not webpage...

I have already prepared one INTERACTIVE story
- it is here http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=188692#thetop , but I am looking for more...
.... maybe some story for beginners...
I hoped to find some on the internet / on eslprintables... but in vain... Cry

3 Mar 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

These sort of interactive stories can be prepared quite easily with powerpoint by making each page a part of the puzzle and then using buttons with links to each of the relevant slides.

I have done this with a couple of stories, but as they are not my stories I have not uploaded them to printables.  One such example can be found in Headway Upper intermedate (The old version) where there is a decision on redundancy and how to find new work.

I have even done similar activities with small flash cards where I put the class into small groups of 3 and each has to agree on the next course of action.  They ask for the card number they agree on until they come to the end of the maze.

It really does work and if you can find suitable stories and mazes to do this with, it is well worth preparing a set of cards for a large class or a powerpoint for a small group.

3 Mar 2009