Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is it about Portuguese teachers???    

What is it about Portuguese teachers???

Helen McK
Ireland

What is it about Portuguese teachers???

I�ve just been taking a look at the printables from various countries.  What is it about Portuguese teachers???  The amount and quality of contributions from this country is amazing!!!Clap Ireland�s population isn�t much smaller than that of Portugal & we have submitted so little by comparison. 

Helen

3 Mar 2009      

Isabel Oliveira
Portugal

Thanks....

We, portuguese teachers love to do the right things.

big kiss   Thumbs Up

3 Mar 2009     

Juju
Portugal

Thanks you! It �s good to know that non-native speakers  can do a good work as a native speakers. I think it �s because we (teachers) love teaching a wonderful language as ENGLISH! ENGLISH IS GREAT! IT �S FUN... You �re very lucky to be an english native speaker! Best wishes! 

3 Mar 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi helen! Hi everybody! I just think the Irish are taking too much time to find out about the FABULOUS WORLD OF ESLprintables!!
You �ve got to spread the word!!! And we, the Portuguese, are good at it, I suppose!! LOLLOLLOL

A good evening to you all. I must hurry to school. I �ve got evening classes today.
mena

3 Mar 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Hello Helen! thanks a lot for the compliment Smile I can speak for myself: I really love teaching children and LOVE making worksheets for them. So I really try hard to make them enjoyable. Maybe that �s not only me Wink

However, I must say that we are not the only ones to have good worksheets: there are many other users who have REALLY AMAZING worksheets and are really devoted to teaching.

Best wishes from Portugal!

Kita

3 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Perhaps the Irish teachers aren �t spread as much around the world, but mainly teach in Ireland, which might not have many ESL students.
Ireland is such a beautiful country that not many want to leave to teach elsewhere!
Could be - right?

3 Mar 2009     

arkel
Ireland

We �re around, it �s just some of us fly under a different flag! I know other Irish teachers here who are also Irish, but live in different countries and so are not as noticeable.Hug

3 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

We had a discussion the other day about flying the flags where we originally come from. We also wondered if we could two flags, one where we teach and the other from our own country!
That would be super!

4 Mar 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Dear libertybelle
There was a kind of a consensus, at the end, about, specifing this in our profiles (I thinkl it was cheezels � idea)
It is a nice temporary solution and we can perfectly do it (I did)

Having two flags is also something I would really love, but in this case we should bring the sugestion to VICTOR

4 Mar 2009     

gumby59
Hong Kong

Helen Mck read my mind when she commended the Portuguese teachers for their amazing and creative output. I know that whenever I see a Portugal flag under a contributor �s name, it �s like a stamp or chop that guarantees that you �re going to get a quality piece of work.

I think the teachers there need to have very comprehensive IT skills in addition to language proficiency. Anyhow, keep up the great work dear brothers and sisters from Portugal!!

4 Mar 2009     

santosrute
Portugal

Thanks for the compliment! Now check out the Portuguese teachers � blogs.... That �s even better! LOL

Have fun! You �ll find lots of dedicated teachers who also own  a blog. Hugs and kisses

4 Mar 2009