Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help    

help

ninaone33
Algeria

help

I �m correcting pupils � copy books , what should I write as a remark and should I correct all their mistakes or what ?

6 Nov 2016      

redcamarocruiser
United States

I would say, it depends. Don �t overcorrect an essay because that could discourage students.But if the students are doing exercises in their copy books,then all of the mistakes must be corrected.

Comments can be well done, good job, good work, excellent,  for good work.  For less than par work you still want to be encouraging, so you can say Good try, interesting, good dffort. Then tell the student where they can improve: rephrase, word order, agreement, spelling. If the students are older, you can use correction codes.
 https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/english-language-teaching-learning/1/steps/123936
CodeType of mistakeExample
SpspellingI don�t beleive (Sp) in ghosts.
PpunctuationIm (p) a student.
GrgrammarI was see (Gr) him yesterday.
^missing wordThis is ^ good idea.

6 Nov 2016     

FrauSue
France

Forcomments,yucanusethe"starsandawish"format-mention

For final comments on pupils � work, I like to use the "stars and a wish" format - give two or three points about "things you did well" and two or three "targets for your next piece." I tend to do this as bullet points. E.g. Things you did well: - all aspects of question covered; good use of linking words; spelling generally accurate. Targets: - justify your opinions using "because"; remember to capitalise proper nouns; revise simple past form of irregular verbs (e.g. go, come, do).

7 Nov 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

I think for some students it is enough if you just mark where the mistakes are while others need correction codes to tell them what kind of mistakes they are. The weakest ones may need a longer comment or even a more individual approach.

7 Nov 2016     

Baadache
Canada

Hi,

You can correct the lesson objectives ,...which means what you focused on during your lesson. 

7 Nov 2016     

ninaone33
Algeria

thank you a lot

9 Nov 2016