Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Spammers or hackers    

Spammers or hackers

spied-d-aignel
France

Spammers or hackers

Hi everybody, just one question because I  have just come back from an outing with my pupils and the site is back to normal, but this morning before I left , it was hacked by a watch seller, can anybody tell me how we can get rid of that, because the spam button  wouldn �t work!!!Thanks Hugs from cold Normandy, Sylvie

5 Dec 2016      

inmaaa86
Spain

Once I had the same problem and I installed adblock olus. I have no problems now.

6 Dec 2016     

Tony C
United Kingdom

Or go to the message board page listed below:
and post 10 messages on the boards to push the spam off.
Bookmark the link though as it is also normally linked to spam when they attack. 

6 Dec 2016     

kohai
Latvia

@ Tony C
If somebody posted 10 messages in a row, they would look like the spam themselves. But the main page wouldn�t become sensitive and usable anyway... 

6 Dec 2016     

karagozian
France

Does that mean that Victor is the only one who can restore the site ?????

7 Dec 2016     

Tony C
United Kingdom

@Kohai,
The spam generally takes over all of the pages they are on, affecting all links, and once pushed off, the pages become normal again with access to all pages on the site, which has been my experience of it in the past. But, it has been a few months since i have encountered it here myself, so maybe the effect has changed in that time. 
My way just restores the main page to full usability, even if there are user messages on the main page for a while, which is far better than being hijacked by spam messages for me. 

7 Dec 2016     

kohai
Latvia

@Tony C
Thanks for explaining. If I knew this before, Sylvie wouldn�t start this thread and remove her contributions on Monday. ;)
I posted only once and deleted my post later when the problem was solved.

@karagozian
Victor is the best solution! Only he can send to the garbage can everything and everybody who abuses the site and Forum forever! If sb of us pushes away the spam by 10 posts, it remains on the site anyway. You can still buy lots of Rolex watches, jewelry and bla,bla,bla through the ads on this site. Just enter the key words in the Forum Search or, e.g., take a look here...;) But better DO NOT!

7 Dec 2016