Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > play tick    

play tick

epit
Turkey

play tick

Hİ ! We are studing  Unit Hobbies and Games .In text book I came cross  the phrase" play tick "I googled on net but I could find a satisfactory explanation .If you save time and help I would be grateful.Thanks from now 

1 Jan 2017      

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

TIC-TAC-TOE ?

1 Jan 2017     

epit
Turkey

I know  it .That is not Tic tac toe 

1 Jan 2017     

hardcase
France

Hi, I wonder if in the textbook they might have forgotten an �s � at the end of the word �trick � because the expression �to play tricks � is easy to understand...,????what do you think? kind regards

2 Jan 2017     

yanogator
United States

Hi, epit,
When you ask for the meaning of something that you can �t find on your own, please provide as much context as possible. Since you googled it first (Thank you for trying), you know it isn �t a common expression. Please tell us how it was used in the book.
Thanks,
Bruce 

2 Jan 2017     

epit
Turkey

Hi again! You are right.I should have given it in its text. That is here:
 Julio lives in Madrid and he likes playing tick.He calls  it "tiente".
Maybe it is a kind of traditional children game .Thanks again

2 Jan 2017     

yanogator
United States

That �s just what I needed. I googled Spanish games/"tiente" and found out that the English equivalent is "tag". I think the person who wrote that text mis-heard "tag" as "tick".

Bruce 

2 Jan 2017     

epit
Turkey

Thanks a lot

3 Jan 2017