Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > URGENTLY HELP!    

URGENTLY HELP!

class centre
Belarus

URGENTLY HELP!

GUYS! HELP! WHAT IS NON-ENTRY?
Thanks in advance
Natasha

6 Mar 2009      

Zora
Canada

It depends... in what sense is it being used? Is the sentence like this one: "A non-entry fee will be charged to... "

6 Mar 2009     

douglas
United States

I �m not sure that non-entry is proper English,  I suspect it is a word that has been built from entry (entrance, enter, to be allowed entrance) and the prefix "non" (no, or not). Either way, the basic meaning is "no entry" or "not entered".  Not knowing the context of the word I can �t determine the meaning exactly:

1)  His non-entry into the country will effect his citizenship.  (he didn �t enter the country--it could be he was denied entry or he chose not to enter)

2) Non-entry level workers need not apply.  (people with experience in the field don �t need to apply for the job, the company is looking for beginers)

3) Non-entry of your correct address could be grounds for denial of service. (if you don �t put your correct address on the form, they may not approve your application). 

Hope this helps,

Douglas

6 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Douglas,  your #3 sounds good to me - failing to fill-in something on some kind of form.

6 Mar 2009