Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > need an idea for teaching objective pronouns    

need an idea for teaching objective pronouns

pinkblossom
Germany

need an idea for teaching objective pronouns

Dear friends,

I need an idea for teaching objective pronouns to a group of teenagers. In fact, i need an idea for engaging them, then go through study and finally activating what they learned.

I would be happy if you share your ideas,

Thanks in advance 

18 Feb 2017      

Minka
Slovenia

I like presenting a text (can be a dialogue) where names and things repeat. Then I ask them how we can change it to make it sound more natural.

We made a cake. Tina wanted to make a cake for Tom �s birthday. She baked the cake and Pauline decorated the cake.

May not be the bet example, but I �m sure you can see what I mean. This way the students get the idea why we need the pronouns at all.

Hope it helps, have a nice day. 

19 Feb 2017     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I always do a chain activity. I start with a sentence,e.g. :" I love him." The next pupil goes on. He/she uses the object in my sentence as a subject in his sentence. So he/she says: "He loves us." The next one: "We love them.", etc. If your teenagers don �t like the verb love, you can use hate. 

19 Feb 2017     

jasmeen123
India

hii,
to teach objective pronunciation use some key terms  ,activities with sounds,sounds pronounced with an open mouth and the tongue not touching the teeth .

16 May 2018