Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > CONVERSATION GAMES    

CONVERSATION GAMES

billy boy
Canada

CONVERSATION GAMES

Hi everyone,

Do you have any suggestion for conversation games that I may buy for my students. I already have Hedbanz and the kids love it and I want other games that are fun and interesting in an esl class. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

20 Feb 2017      

slkchina
China

UNO is not meant to be a conversation game, but it certainly can be used effectively to have students call out the color and number or action for each card played. I have my students draw an additional card if they forget and say something in Chinese. They learn how to express dismay in English as well as success. We play during the ten minute break and if you deal 5 cards instead of 7, you can usually finish a game during that time. 8 or 9 students can play at a time. In a larger class, multiple games can be played at the same time.

For older students, I have used Monopoly as a means of having authentic conversation go on. 

20 Feb 2017     

glutenfree
Poland

Rory �s Story Cubes

Pokemon Master Trainer MB Game ( parts of the body)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nkKtiRy5Oc

Domek Rebel House (furniture and rooms)

21 Feb 2017     

billy boy
Canada

Thank you

21 Feb 2017