Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > "stolen" worksheet    

"stolen" worksheet

antoniutti
France

"stolen" worksheet

Hi guys!

Funny story ( or not so funny) : an excellent friend of mine emailed me this afternoon  because she had downloaded a worksheet she found nice, but it looked a bit familiar in style, she immediately  thought it was mine and that it had been stolen, the style and also another clue I won �t reveal though it was huge.                                        She was right, it was my job, right there, in the list of new worksheets. So I reported it and it was immediately removed.                                                               I can �t believe someone can be so dishonest. Whatever, I didn �t have the time to grab the name of the user. It was speaking worksheets about secret identities , likes and dislikes with characters like the simpsons, Davy Jones, Lady Gaga.  

What happens to the person who posted it as his or her own job? Is the file just removed or his or her account cancelled? ( I vote for the second option).

Have a nice evening 

2 Mar 2017      

manonski (f)
Canada

The reported file is deleted and the poster loses the points he had received from the downloads.

The site used to have a 3 strikes you �re out rule. I don �t know if it is still the rule. 

Edit: from the rules
If three of your contributions are confirmed as copies by the moderators, your account will be reviewed by the administrator of the website, who might cancel your account at his discretion, taking into account the percentage of your work has been copied, if you have been warned previously, etc.

2 Mar 2017     

antoniutti
France

Well, in my case the user copied 100% :-/

2 Mar 2017     

Jayho
Australia

I am somewhat confused.

The worksheet you reported as the layout being stolen from you does not seem to appear on your own members page.

Interestingly enough though, the worksheet you did report is identical to one found on the internet, seemingly created by Michelle Henry, back in 2013.

Maybe you can clarify.

Cheers

Jayho 

2 Mar 2017     

Mariethe House
France

Hi Jayho! I like your style

4 Mar 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Thank you, Mariethe.

Antoniutti hasn �t clarified yet.

5 Mar 2017     

karagozian
France

Tricky to clarify !

5 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, this funny story (or not so funny) has given me a right good laugh. 

5 Mar 2017