Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > CAPTION COMPETITION 24/03/2016    

CAPTION COMPETITION 24/03/2016

yanogator
United States

Yes, Giorgi, "works like a trouper" is a theatrical reference. It is also worded as "He �s a real trouper", meaning a person who doesn �t let things prevent him from getting the job done, and probably does extra.

Here �s a short article about it:  Trouper 

Bruce 

2 Apr 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Ha ha Lynne!  And I thought that was an Australian expression, but the English troopers and convicts must have brought that with them to the new colony down under

I, too, thought that that it was work like a trooper, meaning soldier, rather than trouper. But I guess it depends on the spelling used at the time.  There�s also swear like a trooper, and there is definitely no confusion in the spelling of that one.

2 Apr 2017     

karagozian
France

Haha Lynne ! We are troupers. We are retired but still go on working hard. Oh, i need to find a pic for That caption contest !

3 Apr 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Monique, speak for yourself! I am enjoying life from the vantage point of my sofa! So fa �, so good!
Lynne 

3 Apr 2017     

karagozian
France

Ok ! I was trying to be funny. I am enjoying every minute of my Life, though not from a sofa. Lucky we are dear Lynne.

3 Apr 2017     

karagozian
France

I �ve been trying very hard to post a new comment here with picture for the caption contest and get this silly message. I feel again very stupid being able to make ws but not to post anything properly here. Either it doesn �t work, either I mess up the forum. Is there a tutorial out there (lol) for people like me ?

3 Apr 2017     

maryse pey�
France

Hi Monique,

I sent you a private message.

Hugs.

Maryse.

3 Apr 2017     

karagozian
France

Thank you Maryse.

I thought I �d got but my situation is getting worse and worse. How can I now delete what I �ve done up there ?

3 Apr 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Monique. LOL Edit: @Giorgi LOL God save us from all this nonsense. Wink

3 Apr 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Thanks for the very meaningful comments, Bruce and Jayho :)
Monique, it �s time we got one of these:
Edit: Please do not delete it, it looks inspiring!

3 Apr 2017     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >