Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Spiral games    

Spiral games

Lancillotta:
Italy

Spiral games

Hi,
I would like to create  spiral games (like the ones you can see in this  printable: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=192340#thetop ), but I don �t know how.
Can you help me?
Thank you.
Lancillotta

7 Mar 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

Not sure how the original one was done and maybe they have some simple ingenious way of doing it.  I have downloaded the worksheet and each spiral is a picture, so if I was making this I would use PowerPoint.  Make a series of concentric circles as a guide in the slide master - this would then be in the background of the actual slide.

Then use text box to create a single letter and then copy and paste the letter around the circles joining them together to make a spiral.  When finished, destroy the slide master and you are left just with the letters and no circles.

Press print screen and then edit the size you want in paint, save the spiral as a .gif or .jpg to reduce the size and the insert it into a Word Document.

Would take a bit of work, but once you had all the boxes in place, you can easily substitute each letter for a new one and make a new spiral.  That �s the way I �d do it.  If anyone has any easier I would be interested to know. 

7 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

This site provide tools for making games but I �m not sure whether  the specific one you �re looking for is amongst them. Have a look.

7 Mar 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Thank you Logos and Aftab!

7 Mar 2009