Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Tips for attention in class (for children)    

Tips for attention in class (for children)

SaraMariam
United States

Tips for attention in class (for children)

Since this is something I think we all struggle with, I thought I �d share this with you. It �s a pretty long article, so I �ll put the link at the bottom.
10 ways to enhance the attention in class
Last time I told you about attention “problems” of children and how this is something that many teachers struggle with. Yup, you are definitely not alone!
As promised, in today’s post I want to share with you some advice that I always give teachers and parents as well (yes, parents … because some reasons for not being able to pay attention are neither coming from the school environment nor the teacher).
Since I know that you want to know them as quickly as possible, without further ado … 10 ways to enhance the attention of your students in class.
1. Prepare your classroom
Before you even start teaching, prepare your classroom in a way that it increases attention and not distraction.
This means, for example, keep all gadgets switched off (TV, computers, ipads etc) or even better, in a completely different room and only get them when they are absolutely needed.
Also, you may want to keep the material you need for the lesson at hand, so that the kids don’t have to get up to get anything or look in their backpacks for 5 hours. Have them prepare everything they need at the beginning of the lesson and keep the things on the table or nearby.
Make sure that your classroom is neat and child friendly, but also not too much. Imagine you have 100,000 posters in all colours about all kinds of topics hanging everywhere… this is wayyyy to interesting! I’d rather have a look around, maybe drift off when I see a picture that reminds me of my last zoo visit, than listening to the teacher or concentrate on the task at hand.
Make sure that the posters all serve a purpose – as a reminder for things you are currently teaching or things the students struggle with retaining.

2. Routines
Routines are something that are often underestimated, especially among new teachers. Yet, they can make or break your entire school year. Especially when it comes to very small children.
Imagine you are a little child. Your parents bring you to this place with lots of other kids (never seen so many of my age in one place before!) and 1 or 2 adults that I also don’t quite know. And then they leave and I’m all alone. I don’t even know if they will be coming back!?! Pretty scary, isn’t it? Now imagine the teacher speaking in a language that I have never heard before. Omg, what’s going on? How can I make myself understood? What if I feel bad? To who can I talk? When is mum coming back?

4 Jul 2017      

Mohamed Hamed
Egypt

Thanks for sharing. 

5 Jul 2017     

edwardmyers
United Kingdom

I used to have that problem also I fixed it by sitting in the front of the class, taking notes and trying to be interested in the subject. My grades are improving and I �m pretty happy. UK Essay Writer l Assignment Writing Service UK

28 Jul 2017     

PhilDanny
United States

I was amazed by the 10 ways of maintaining attention by students in a class. I will employ the same to my younger friends to enhance their attention. Kindly also fee free to seek more help with Visual Basic Programming Assignments.

31 Aug 2017     

vanessabell84
United States

Well I �m a mother and a teacher, I tell children to make those above mentioned stuffs prior, as it will going to groom you professionally and personally, I Do My Essay own and check their interpersonal skills, my aim in teaching is not just to give them the knowledge of subject but also some knowledge to groom themselves.

8 Nov 2017     

elizamolly
United Kingdom

The best tip of attracting the child in the classroom is that you make your as simple as you can and teach them like a friend and in a friendly environment, and Essay writers uk would suggest that if you teach the lesson in a form of a story than more child will attract towards the lesson and will learn fast.

16 Dec 2017     

Emmagranger
United Kingdom

The capacity to focus is controlled by many elements. For instance Do my Essay there are sex contrasts in maintained consideration, and they are undertaking particular. Your frontal flaps are profoundly vulnerable to pressure, feelings, preparing and caffeine. However, the key thing is that attentional abilities are not irregular.

21 Dec 2017     

jasmeen123
India

hii,
i through the total artical  it is useful for me why because iam also teacher for small children ,in class room they didn �t get attention
we want some interesting things to gain their attention,thank you for useful information.

14 May 2018