Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Selling worksheets    

Selling worksheets

tarrnius
Poland

Selling worksheets

Hi, 

I was wondering if any of you know of some ways to make money from their worksheets. 

I have amassed quite a large quantity of my own worksheets over the years, and I can see there is an interest as people are willing to download them on here - the question is how could this be monetized? 

I thought of the site Teachers Pay Teachers - but is there an equivalent for the ESL world does anyone know?

Thanks for any help or pointers you may be able to give on this.

Steven 

8 Nov 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi tarrnius,
I have to say, I doubt very much whether people will buy esl worksheets. As you point out, people download them from here and many other free sites. One site which is very aggressively pursuing  sales is the Times Educational Supplement. Powerpoints are more saleable than worksheets and they need to be in mainstream subjects, in English, of course. 
 TES

8 Nov 2017     

karagozian
France

BIG MONEY.  My money are the comments. This is a sharing site !

9 Nov 2017     

karagozian
France

BIG MONEY.  My money is the comments. This is a sharing site !

9 Nov 2017     

dackala
Serbia

You can try and see. But my suggestion is that if you go over TpT , you �ll need to charge on ws for at least 1 dollar to get 25 cents, that �s nothing! And people are willing to pay only if there is a mini-book for selling, or for something that they don �t have enough time to make. Worksheets that are here popular there no one would buy as there an eye-catching ws is not something that is in need but mini-books, lots of materials. So, you should try and after a first purchase you �ll probably want to upgrade to premium which is 55 dollars or so (I haven �t upgraded). I recommend you that you upgrade as you �ll get more money from purchases. In my opinion, anything less than 3 dollars is waste of your time. I don �t have time now to redesign my store. From my experience, if you �re going to just sell one page worksheets, I think you won �t have any gains. (few dollars maybe)

9 Nov 2017     

FrauSue
France

I agree with dackala. People are more likely to pay for a scheme of work or an activity pack (e.g. 20 worksheets based on a certain film) than just simple worksheets.
Otherwise you should get in touch with an educational publisher and ask about job opportunities. 

9 Nov 2017     

tarrnius
Poland

Thanks everyone who �s replied - I guessed it wouldn �t be as easy as it sounds to make money out of worksheets / materials, but thanks for the info shared, it �s given me something to think about.

10 Nov 2017