Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > FORMATTING NIGHTMARE    

FORMATTING NIGHTMARE

ldeloresmoore
China

FORMATTING NIGHTMARE

Hi, Gang --- 

I �ve been away a while, but I �m back. And, apparently, in my absence I became an idiot. 

I �m now doing materials for primary school text books, and I put together a nice little worksheet for modals. 

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=920626#this 

Problem is, when I open it on my computer? It looks great. When I upload it here? The formatting gets all out of whack, nothing lines up right, and all my beautiful work is for naught. 

Help???  Any thoughts or suggestions? What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance. 

Dee 

21 Nov 2017      

Gi2gi
Georgia

You could try changing the word version of your worksheet from� .docx to .doc, this might help. To do so, In the �Save as type� dropdown list, select �Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)�. Reupload the ws and see if it helps.
Giorgi�

21 Nov 2017     

ldeloresmoore
China

Nope. That actually made it worse!! 😭😭😭. If I could just upload it as a pdf this wouldn�t be happening 🙁

21 Nov 2017     

yanogator
United States

Hi, Dee,
I went to the link, but the worksheet isn �t there, so I can �t see it.

If the set-up is right for it, putting it into a table is often a nice way of getting things to line up.

Bruce 

21 Nov 2017     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Hi,

I agree with Giorgi that an older Word versi�n may help -at least it sometimes fixes my WS when I have a similar problem to that described.

But, the link isn �t working, Bruce is right.

How about a screenshot pasted onto Word? It �s a cheap job but if the quality is good enough all of us will be able to use it, if not edit it.

Hope you can fix it 

22 Nov 2017