Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Large Board Game Idea    

Large Board Game Idea

Pinky Makus
Canada

Large Board Game Idea

Have your students bring in some of their favourite pictures or old calendars.  (Set a limit if it makes things easier.) Add some of your own pictures as  well.  Think about what vocabulary you want to work on.  Have the kids create a large gameboard with all the photos. Layout the photos on a table or on the floor in any pattern they like.  It could be a spiral, circle or rectangle.  Use dice and markers or use the students as game pieces.  Each time they "land" on a photo they have to describe it or make a sentence with something that is in the photos.  You can also use a combination of old flashcards (with images) that you have from earlier themes.

I have used this idea with one student before, but I thing it would be great fun with a group.  Tell me how it works out.

Pinky

9 Mar 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Oh wow - is that a great idea or what??!!!
I will try it for sure and tell you how it goes!!
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

L

9 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I love your idea!!!

9 Mar 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

thank you, excellent idea

10 Mar 2009