Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > copyrighted images    

copyrighted images

helenaainacio
Portugal

copyrighted images

Hi there,
I �ve been having problems with copyrighted images I use in my worksheets because I have no idea how to spot them. I have a powerpoint with similar cartoons I used in a worksheet that got removed. But I �ll probably won �t be able to share it because of the same problem.
I �d be grateful for any suggestion on how to avoid these.
Thanks! 

11 Mar 2018      

douglas
United States

Generally if you see a watermark or some kind of small text identifying the owner (usually with a copyright symbol ) the picture will be tagged as copyrighted.
  Watermarks are sometimes pretty light and you have to look close to spot them.

13 Mar 2018     

kwsp
United States

Hello helenaainacio,

If you see the copyright symbol anywhere in the picture, then it is copyright protected. Here are some examples of the symbol and also a clipart example with the copyright symbol.

Watermarked clipart can contain letters, swirls, cross hatching, and so on. Some examples:

Best wishes and good luck! kwsp

13 Mar 2018     

helenaainacio
Portugal

Hi,
thank you all for your quick reply. I have to redo my latest worksheet  in order to upload it again. Unfortunately I really like using pics which are a part of the task.

thanks everybody 
cheers 

14 Mar 2018     

pollenyeah
Thailand

So it �s okay to use pictures that doesn �t contain watermarks?

20 Jun 2018