Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Competition    

Caption Competition

karagozian
France

Caption Competition

Hello again my dear friends.
This is my second attempt with a little help from you know who !  Thank you missake2 for putting me in trouble. Well I think I put myself in trouble by joining this competition.
Winning is one thing, messing the forum up another. Definitely my speciality !!!
Now, let �s see if (being highly assisted) I can post my silly picture properly ??????!!!!!!
So, this time it is not a cat. Sorry for the many cat lovers here. Framboise is a SHE dog and not a cat lover as well.
I won �t add anything more as it is now your turn to imagine the most hilarious captions. 
Thanks to all of you for your patience and passion !!
A special thank you to my right hand, my brain, my everything. Ruta !!!

22 Jun 2018      

maryse pey�
France

My bone is over the sea... My bone is over the sea...
Oh my dear bone when will you come back from over the ocean...

Music please !

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAction scene 121 - 2

By the way, the title of the film is "My Bone is over the ocean !"

It is the story of a she dog, whose name is Raspberry Boney... ;)

22 Jun 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Excuse me, Karagozian,

I am a member of the Police de la rivi�re!

(Or, the RIVER POLICE, as we say in France.)

This animal is in charge of a Motor Vessel.

Does your dog have a valid DIVING LICENCE?

Les Douglas 

22 Jun 2018     

MoodyMoody
United States

"I have watched you on the shore
Standing by the ocean �s roar
Do you love me do you surfer girl
Surfer girl surfer girl"

—The Beach Boys, "Surfer Girl" 

22 Jun 2018     

missake2
Belgium

Wow! got my mind in blank right now. 
I cannot get further than the inside joke: 

Ik ben aan het DOBBEREN op het water. 
Ik ben aan het DOG-eren op het water. 

Flauw, ridiculous, I know. 
Maybe I �ll have more inspiration tomorrow! 

22 Jun 2018     

karagozian
France

Tomorrow is Sunday and we are going to the beach.

23 Jun 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Who said it �s a dog �s life? 

23 Jun 2018     

karagozian
France

Can anyone help me out there. The Belgians and the MExicans are playing today. Don �t want to miss those matches !

23 Jun 2018     

kiscsepo
Hungary

Getting dog-tired on dog days...it is a dog �s life, right?

23 Jun 2018     

Jayho
Australia

This is a bit of a shaggy dog tale.  As you know, it �s a dog eat dog world out there, and I was simply just trying to get my fair share of the brekky bowl, which looked just like a dog �s breakfast, I might add. And, I didn �t want to have to rely on Timmy �s homework for my nutritional needs.  Seriously, I am the top dog in this household! I have been here the longest. I should get the most! It �s a ruff world out there so a dog �s gotta do what a dog �s gotta do to stay top dog. The new pup just has to learn his place in life. But really, since he has arrived, life here has gone to the dogs. Really, these owners have gone barking mad and I wonder if they are fur real. They even dress up this little pup like a dog �s dinner, I tell you. In his little waistcoats and such. Actually, in all honesty, I �m  really quite envious. He �s a lucky dog! So, a dog �s gotta do what a dog �s gotta do to stay top dog.  I had to get meself out of the doghouse! After a bit of pawsing and reflecting, I decided that I had to take matters into my own paws. I don �t like being in the doghouse at all, but the good thing is that it �s next to the pool.  So I high tailed it over the pool fence and jumped onto the boogie board just to simply show my owners that there �s life in the old dog yet and you can teach an old dog new tricks. Every dog has its day!

23 Jun 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Jayho:

I like your �shaggy dog story �.

It reminded me of the "Word of the Day Competition".

I thought it was good fun. It was appreciated by lots of Members. Plus, they learned about humour in the English Language.

Why don �t you revive it? 

Les Douglas

24 Jun 2018     

1    2    Next >