Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > How do you define copied/stolen materials?    

How do you define copied/stolen materials?

Mrscarlett
Korea, South

How do you define copied/stolen materials?

I would like somebody to clarify this for me. 

Where do you draw the line, please tell me if the 2 cases below should be reported...

Case 1
A person uploads a a powerpoint presentation using the materials from another person �s worksheet.

Case 2
A worksheet or powerpoint is  uploaded that contain images and clip art from other websites.

Thanks

11 Mar 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Neither are what i would call copied or stolen material.

I have used other peoples pictures in a new and original way.  Many people get clipart from all over the internet. 

It is important that you do not use MES clipart as they specifically say do not use our images for esol - as that is there business.

I believe that it is stolen if it is a blatant re-upload of someone elses work, or word for word copy.  Make it from scratch and it can �t really be considered stolen.

11 Mar 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

It is explained in SEND A PRINTABLE :

Please remember:

1.You cannot send printables taken from other websites or publications. They must be your own creations.

2.We only accept ESL resources written in English language. A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection.

3.If your contribution is a copy from other website or from a book your account in ESLprintables will be cancelled.

4.If you have a worksheet that you didn �t make yourself (borrowed from a colleage teacher, for example) DON �T SEND IT. It might be taken from this or another website, and you would be banned from eslprintables.com

5.Don �t send useless documents. Nobody will download them and you �ll get 0 points.

11 Mar 2009     

borna
Croatia

Some people have copied pictures from textbooks, and many members have complained about that, and called the worksheets stolen. I personally don �t think so, but I respect the opinion of the majority. I made some exercises for Headway Elementary, but I used cliparts instead of pictures from this student �s book.

I used an exercise from the Internet to make a worksheet (actually, I didn �t know, a friend sent me this exercise - so be careful about that too, if someone sends you something, you never know, it may be downloaded from this site), I added cliparts and other activites, and Victor send me a warning that my account will be cancelled if I do this again.

The seafest way to go is to make a worksheet from scratch and then call it your own.

You can remove the pictures from the worsheets you already have and add some cliparts from the Internet sites that allow free download.

In my experince, worksheets without pictures or cliparts don �t get much downloads.

Good luck!

11 Mar 2009