Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

cunliffe
United Kingdom

WOD

Thank you, Cariboo, for choosing my daffynition! And here is your new word. Now remember dearies, we don �t want the real definition, we want a funny one. Or witty, silly, meaningful etc... And here it is...

CRYOLIPOLYSIS 

9 Dec 2018      

maryse pey�
France

This is the title of a famous poem from... Les !
Here it is :

Cry ô Lily
Poland y* Spain
Isis wants you to visit !
Cry ô Lily
Porridge y Spanish paëlla
Isis wants you to eat !
Cry ô Lily
Post office y Special Affair Office
Isis wants you to run !
Cry ô Lily
Poly the pony �s neck
Isis wants you to hug !

As you all know very well Les can speak several languages and he decided to use "y" (the Spanish word for AND) to show his respect to Victor, our dear wedmaster ;)

9 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Cryolipolysis �Cry �oly poly�, Sis� is what big brothers say to their sisters whom they have pinned to the floor. If wrestling a friend, the captor says, �say �uncle� �!

9 Dec 2018     

Cariboo
France

You �re welcome Lynne !

Cry as in cryptozoology 

and lipolysis derives from  liposuction

So crylipolysis is the surgeon procedure  underwent by Mrs Yeti to try to look at her best for the holiday season.

9 Dec 2018     

Cariboo
France

Oups surgery procedure not surgeon. Silly me :)

9 Dec 2018     

spinney
United Kingdom

Cariboo is almost right but it �s a different type of plastic surgery. When somebody has such fantastic lips and wants to donate them in case of their death, the lips are frozen cryogenically, hence cryolipoliysis.  

10 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Cryolipolysis Cryo- a crybaby 

Lipolysis - a swollen mouth, a �fat lip� 

Cryolipolysis means the result of a threat carried out by a bully to give his victim a fat lip for being a crybaby and or tattletale: a sore, swollen, puffy mouth.

10 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Cryolipolysis
cry-, prefix meaning "cold"
oligo-: Shortened to oli by elision. Means just a few, scanty. From the Greek "oligos" that likewise means few, scanty. Appears in oligodactyly (few fingers), oligohydramnios (too little amniotic fluid) �
�poly-: prefix From the Greek "polys", many. The prefix "poly-" appears in many medical terms including polyarteritis, polycystic, polyp, etc. Poly is short for polymorphonuclear leukocyte (a type of white blood cell).
�-sis. suffix meaning an "action, process, condition, state, or result of": centesis, genesis, stasis.�
Cryolipolysis- 1.�the state of having too many or too few colds. 2. the state of temperatures being too high or too low.

11 Dec 2018     

aperkins4
Japan

Cryolipolysis

Cryo: Cold

Lip/-o: Pertaining to the lips

-lysis: A transformation

Cryolipolysis: The swift freezing of the lips when exposed to cold weather.

16 Dec 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

As some of you may know, I recently joined a VERY exclusive London Mayfair club. We meet on the 31st day of every month which begins with an �S�. Our meetings are held in a well-known Tie Restaurant.

We are a small group of Masters of Unusual Grammar. Our purpose is to devise a really difficult challenge for our Members to accomplish. We then invent a grammatical name to describe it.

At our December meeting, it was proposed that the challenge should consist of walking the entire circumference of the Moon, wearing only a ski hat and a pair of skis, and pulling a sledge of equipment.

This will consist of 1,000 bananas and a large container of camel�s milk for nourishment. Plus, an electric blanket for warmth.

By pure coincidence, the name we have chosen for this challenge is:

cryolipolysis

Unfortunately, I am still on probation. So, I�m not allowed to leave the country to take part in the challenge.

But I suggest that you watch the latest news to see an old Master at work. The soles of his feet will rest on the soul of his feat.

He is demonstrating that only a real MUG will attempt it.

Les Douglas.

17 Dec 2018