Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

maryse pey�
France

How can we smell the coffee if we are deaf in our nostrils ?

And if I pour the coffee in Spinney�s mouth will Lynne make new one ?

And how to pour coffee from Monique�s coffee pot whose lid can open so easily ?

And by the way is Moodymoody�s Mirror broken ?

Oh Lynne please do you mind lending me your makeup to smell better the coffee in the new Christmas cup ?

Have I thanked you enough to make me laugh smelling my morning coffee with my Mirror in one hand ?

23 Dec 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

As a person who is served tea in bed every morning, am I a suitable candidate for pouring coffee into Spinney�s mouth? 
By the way how many (coffee) beans make five?  

24 Dec 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Lynne Cunliffe,

You and I both know that 75% of US citizens are excellent at fractions.

But does the other half of the US population know how many beans make five?

24 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Could someone please spill the beans on what� �"know how many beans make 5 " means?� Don�t we need to grind more than� 5 beans to get that fresh coffee smell in the morning? Just be careful not to let any of the magic beans fall out the window into the garden or you will wake up to smell the coffee in the shade of a� giant beanstalk.

24 Dec 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Just to answer points raised by the Magicman and Redcam, what is twice a half of one and a half? 

25 Dec 2018     

MoodyMoody
United States

Speaking of coffee, does anyone else remember former member cauffeepot? Why was this member kicked out of ESLP?

25 Dec 2018     

maryse pey�
France

Moodymoody are you sure of the name of this former member ? Was he - was it a she ? - really a member of our community ? Didn�t he grow a calf ? So his name might be CalfHePot ?

And now a new important question has "jumped" in my mind : does a calf drink coffee ?

26 Dec 2018     

MoodyMoody
United States

Maryse, did you realize that English speakers usually say "nose-blind" rather than deaf in the nostrils to describe a person with anosmia?

Les, have you been taking math lessons from Donald Trump?

Lynne, wouldn�t most people interpret twice a half of one and a half as 1-1/2? 

Do cows provide lattes (in the English-language sense, not the original Italian)? Are calves allowed to use coffeemakers without supervision?

Does anyone remember if cauffeepot from Benin, who was a member about eight years ago, was a man or a woman? Did this member return under a different name?

Finally, isn�t tea much superior to coffee in the first place? How do you prefer your tea prepared? 

26 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

"But, if I made I made myself some fresh coffee, would that leave me with strong grounds to pursue this argument? Or, if I used Instant Coffee, would it be groundless?"

Les, have you tried throwing the coffee grounds over your left shoulder while looking in the mirror to improve your argument? Should one EVER use instant coffee for anything? 

26 Dec 2018     

< Previous   1    2