Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Vocabulary and descriptions for textures, materials, theatre costuming and props.    

Vocabulary and descriptions for textures, materials, theatre costuming and props.

cheezels
New Zealand

Vocabulary and descriptions for textures, materials, theatre costuming and props.

I am busily googling myself... but you never know on here who just might have some knowledge about what I am about to ask....
I have an adult student who works in the theatre making costumes and props for whatever show is being produced....

She has asked me if I could help her with a vocabulary list that would basically be of all the different types of textures of fabrics and materials used for making costumes and also for making the props...  I am also thinking adjectives that would describe the materials too...

She is having trouble understanding exactly what she needs to make if it is explained in English (especially with all the adjectives we use to describe objects and ideas!!!) So the idea is that I am going to make the best list I can and also add a short description to each word to help her along. Her actual English is quite good, I just didn �t realise what a task this was going to be when I said yes....

Can anyone point me in the right direction.. or even better, know of any specific site that would have this type of thing?

THANK YOU in advance!!! :-)
You can PM me to save space on the front page if you like!Tongue

11 Mar 2009      

eng789
Israel

Maybe  this will help.  It give the names  of a lot of different fabrics and how to recognize them.

Hug

11 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

THANK YOU !!!!!!Hug

*(The missing keyword was glossary... amazing how many resources there are when you add one important search keyword....) hehe

11 Mar 2009