Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Reading, Writing & Watching Suggestions    

Reading, Writing & Watching Suggestions

roxmar
Argentina

Reading, Writing & Watching Suggestions

Hi,
I´m Martin from Argentina.I´m thinking about starting a reading and writing project this year with my intermediate-level students (14-15 years old). I want to choose between a fairy tale or a detective / mystery story. The fairy tale I would like to be something different, new, not the classical ones that everybody knows or at least one that students may not be so familar with. And in the case of the detective story, I�ve been looking for Sherlock Holmes readers but I can�t find one that would be appealing and attractive to my students. And my intention would be to accompany the reading and writing with a topic-related movie. Could you give me any suggestions? It would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

Martin Calcaterra

24 Jan 2019      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

I you are going to buy something, Macmillan readers are great. I did a few with mine, �The Tunnel� was good still available and this one looks good, although I haven�t seen it. 

For fairy tales, have a look at sirhaj�s Think Tales on here. Are you on TES? Lots of detective story stuff on there as well. It�s free to join.
I�m still looking!

It�s a strange and unusual tale, have you considered �The Monkey�s Paw�? There is plenty of great material on this site and a few youtube clips. My students always enjoyed it. I started off by asking them to write down three wishes. After the story, we look at their wishes and think about what could go wrong... 
Lynne

25 Jan 2019     

daylelong
United States

If you want to improve your grades, then this platform https://www.aresearchguide.com/assignment-writing-help.html will probably help you. Thanks to her, you can not only buy a dissertation but also find a lot of useful educational materials. Thousands of students use it today, so if you encounter problems at school, be sure to check out this site.

13 May 2019