Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Looking for listening activities based on real videos/podcasts    

Looking for listening activities based on real videos/podcasts

rakatm
Spain

Looking for listening activities based on real videos/podcasts

Hi everyone!

I teach elementary and intermediate students and I�m a bit worried because their listening skills need to be improved. They are good at doing listening activities from textbooks but when we watch real videos/listen to real audios in class they get lost and a bit frustrated. 

I find it quite hard to design activities based on real audiovisual materials for these levels...Do you know any website on which I can find this type of materials...I�m willing to subscribe or pay if the resources are worth it.

Thanks in advance! 

9 Feb 2019      

alosadap
Spain

Hi!
I have recently found a great website with lesson plans based on Youtube videos: More Than Listening. Lesson plans are classified per level and they include pre-wacting, while watching and post-watching activitities (and key plus transcript!). The only thing is that they are 0.99 E each, I bought 2 intermediate level worksheets and they are definitely worth the cost.
Take a look at free sample worksheets ( you can download them for free!)
Hope this helps!
Cheers!! 

9 Feb 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Real English is great for listening practice.  https://www.real-english.com/reo/2/unit2.htm

11 Feb 2019     

rakatm
Spain

Thank you to both of you!

13 Feb 2019