Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD Week 16 2019    

WOD Week 16 2019

douglas
United States

WOD Week 16 2019

Wow!

I came back from vacation and found I had won both the Word of The Day AND the Caption Contest--a red letter day for the diary

So the Word of the Day for this week is:

LOLLYGAG

Let�s hear what you�ve got.

Douglas

15 Apr 2019      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Douglas ! How good it is to see you back !

And you have brought us a lollypop able to make a very good gag every time someone is sad ! Waoo ! Thanks so much dear friend. I can hear everyone around you laughng !

15 Apr 2019     

karagozian
France

OH ! LOLLYGLASS instead of LOLLYGAS !

Change subjects please !!!  It�s getting boring !

15 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Douglas, you are ok! Thank God! Pardon me for taking your place in the caption contest. I saw you already posted your owns...
Great!! happy to see you!
Aisha ;) 

15 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

The new POP that sings Lady Gaga where she is dressing like a Lolita instead of the usual clothes she wears that we had already got used to seeing.

15 Apr 2019     

glutenfree
Poland

LOLLYGAG - to laugh uncontrollably over people�s trivial or silly posts or comments on social media.

15 Apr 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

So, a LOLLYGAG is when somebody tries to eat an entire lolly in one go and it makes them gag. Hence, lollygag. 

16 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

A lolly gag can also be a mouth covering that prevents the ingestion of lollies. It is a useful aid in dieting.

16 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It�s when one partner in an otherwise equal relationship decides that the other partner is spending too much and cancels all the cards. 
lolly (noun) = money, gag (noun or verb) = put a stop to. 

17 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

LOL y GAG! (LOL and GAG) when saying everything together the L doubles itself.

17 Apr 2019     

douglas
United States

I laughed out loud and almost gagged a the same time (I was eating a banana) when I read Aisha�s contribution--This gives lollygag a whole new meaning for me.

Actual definition of lollygag:

to waste time in trifling or aimless activity; fool around

Aisha is the winner of this contest--congratulations!

I wish a Happy Easter to all that celebrate it and a great weekend to those who don�t.

Cheers,
Douglas

18 Apr 2019