Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Can we say it?    

Can we say it?

Baadache
Canada

Can we say it?

Hi everyone, Is this sentence correct: It is under the allegiance of someone.

19 Apr 2019      

Aisha77
Spain

I dare say it is.

19 Apr 2019     

yanogator
United States

It might be correct, but I can�t imagine myself saying it. What do you mean by this sentence?

Bruce 

19 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

No: it doesn�t make sense. 

19 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

It could be that the author  meant under the aegis of someone. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/aegis

19 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@ Mary, that makes good sense. You owe allegiance, maybe give it or pledge it, but I don�t think you can be under allegiance. 

20 Apr 2019     

JackGates
Canada

I can�t seem to successfully upload my document no matter what order or what explanation, they are constantly being downloaded and removed, this time because someone feels it wasn�t working properly, probably due to outdated versions of Office 365 or Microsoft! I mean really?? Are they not checked after uploading? It showed perfectly fine posted on the site and works perfectly fine on my computer. Every time they pull my work offline, they can�t reimburse me for lost points

22 Apr 2019     

JackGates
Canada

All of you are just ruining my document from being advertised on this website! Now part 9 is removed, I uploaded 1.2and 3 days ago and still haven�t seen any points from it. 10,9 and 8 were uploaded days ago and I still haven�t received any points! Zpages 7,6 and 5 have been uploaded and they work just fine! ZI suppose you will also remove something and again I will receive no points! What kind of website is this?? Part 1 uploaded just fine but you administers are totally messing up the upload of part 2. Check your computer software because the files are absolutely fine on my computer running the latest versions of office!!!

22 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Dear Jack,
I have tried to follow what is happening with your J&H wss, but.. I am at a loss... I have no idea why they were removed. I am  a moderator, but I don�t check every two minutes. Can I refer you to iSLCollective? Upload your work there and you will be fine.  

23 Apr 2019     

aperkins4
Japan

@JackGates:
It seems they corrected the points issue, as you now have over 3000 points (meaning you can download over 3000 documents)! 
You may have to try re-uploading the pages which were removed or failed to upload.

It looks like Part 1 is missing Page 8 out of 8. Part 2 is missing pages 1-4 and 7-10. I`m sorry for the stress it has caused you! Hopefully you have no more issues, whether you continue to use this site or switch to a different one.

23 Apr 2019