Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Scatergories Game 5/7/2019    

Scatergories Game 5/7/2019

redcamarocruiser
United States

Scatergories Game 5/7/2019

IT´S HARDER THAN YOU THINK!!! 
It´s fun! Who wants to play? Come on! Try it!

Copy the questions and put in your own answers. 
(NO USING GOOGLE).

Favorite Icebreaker or ESL game. Hatschipatschi
Favorite reason for reporting a worksheet. Stolen 
Favorite way to reward the class for good behavior. Stickers
Favorite grammar topic to teach. Simple past
Favorite English word. love
Pet peeve errors that students make. Saying "I have a doubt" instead of "I have a question"
Your students� favorite excuse for why they have not done their homework. "I didn�t have time"
Favorite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching. 

Free Kids Clip Art by Phillip Martin, Free Clip Art for Kids

Second favorite website for finding answers to ESL questions (Of course, ESLprintables is our favorite, so please just list your second favorite) https://www.rong-chang.com/

7 May 2019      

Engteachar
Argentina

Favorite Icebreaker or ESL game. BLIP
Favorite reason for reporting a worksheet. STOLEN
Favorite way to reward the class for good behavior. 5 MINUTES FREE TALK
Favorite grammar topic to teach. SIMPLE PRESENT
Favorite English word. BUTTERFLY
Pet peeve errors that students make. WHEN THEY PUT WAS OR WERE BEFORE ANOTHER VERB IN THE PAST (and the sentence is NOT passive)
Your students� favorite excuse for why they have not done their homework. I forgot
Favorite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching. Google
Second favorite website for finding answers to ESL questions (Of course, ESLprintables is our favorite, so please just list your second favorite) Word Reference

8 May 2019     

MoodyMoody
United States

Favorite Icebreaker or ESL game. Kahoot (at kahoot.com for teachers and kahoot.it for students to play)
Favorite reason for reporting a worksheet. Not 100% in English
Favorite way to reward the class for good behavior. Early break (helps that I teach adults!)
Favorite grammar topic to teach. Future tense
Favorite English word. Nap
Pet peeve errors that students make. Adding a pronoun subject when there�s already a noun subject, e.g., "My teacher she is writing on the board."
Your students� favorite excuse for why they have not done their homework. "You didn�t give us any." (This is usually true. I teach adults, and the classes are now shortened to 4.5 hours every day.)
Favorite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching. Google Images (sorry not sorry for breaking the "no using Google" rule)
Second favorite website for finding answers to ESL questions (Of course, ESLprintables is our favorite, so please just list your second favorite) https://www.pinterest.com/ . (I have more than 3,300 pins just for ESL, and almost 12,000 total.) I can�t argue with rong-chang.com or eslfast.com, though. I love eslfast for dictation.

I think this thread is less of a game and more of a sharing resources activity. Works for me!

9 May 2019     

kohai
Latvia

Favourite Icebreaker or ESL game. Flashcards (All kinds of games with flashcards)

Favourite reason for reporting a worksheet. It�s a copy.

Favourite way to reward the class for good behaviour. A game at the end of the lesson!

Favourite grammar topic to teach. Comparatives and Superlatives

Favourite English word. Excellent!

Pet peeve errors that students make. Saying �I sink� instead of �I think� (and �tree� instead of �three�!)

Your students� favourite excuse for why they have not done their homework. "I didn�t understand� (following by �WHAT was the homework??�)

Favourite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching. Google

Second favourite website for finding answers to ESL questions (Of course, ESLprintables is our favourite!). https://dictionary.cambridge.org/

...   ...   ...

I agree with MoodyMoody. 

10 May 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

ay 
Favorite Icebreaker or ESL game. Beat the clock (quick fire questions - no �yes� or �no; answers
Favorite reason for reporting a worksheet. A copy, pretty much the only reason I report nowadays.
Favorite way to reward the class for good behavior. A game of Splat!
Favorite grammar topic to teach. Simple past, because they can act it out. �Open your book� - �what did you do?� Then sequence of 5 actions ... Charades...etc...
Favorite English word. Silence.
Pet peeve errors that students make. Saying �Feeneesh!� instead of �I�ve finished.� 
Your students´ favorite excuse for why they have not done their homework. "You didn�t give us homework."
Favorite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching.https://www.pinterest.co.uk/

Thanks for kahoot! 

11 May 2019     

almaz
United Kingdom

I had a list of favourites which I�d jotted down on a sheet of paper, but the dog ate it.

11 May 2019     

valodra
France

Favorite Icebreaker or ESL game. Stop the pencil ; card games
Favorite reason for reporting a worksheet. Stolen ( only Reason Why I report )
Favorite way to reward the class for good behavior. Sing ( they love it !)
Favorite grammar topic to teach. Simple Past ( so many things to do ! )
Favorite English word. Nonsense ! ;-)
Pet peeve errors that students make. Excuse me instead of sorry
Your students� favorite excuse for why they have not done their homework. I Don�t give Homework 
Favorite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching. Pinterest

Second favorite website for finding answers to ESL questions (Of course, ESLprintables is our favorite, so please just list your second favorite) Michelle Henry�s : 
 http://www.henry4school.fr/NEW/new.htm

11 May 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Almaz 
Favorite Icebreaker or ESL game. Taboo 
Favorite reason for reporting a worksheet. I hate reporting, but if I have to choose, yes, stolen ws! 
Favorite way to reward the class for good behavior. Homework day off 
Favorite grammar topic to teach. Verbs 
Favorite English word. blatherskite (since I learnt it) 
Pet peeve errors that students make. Translate sentences literally into English. 
Your students� favorite excuse for why they have not done their homework. "I had loads of things to do" 
Favorite site for finding pictures for worksheets or teaching. Kisspng
Second favorite website for finding answers to ESL questions (Of course, ESLprintables is our favorite, so please just list your second favorite):  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

13 May 2019