Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > FRUITS and VEGGIES    

FRUITS and VEGGIES

john2128
Brazil

FRUITS and VEGGIES

Hey everyone please check out the Fruits and Vegetable exercises with high def pictures, multiple choice review, video review and slot machine test. Please let me know what you think.

27 Aug 2019      

IbuLulu
Australia

Hi John, 

I tried the slot machine test - not sure how it�s supposed to work? I was expecting something that would require an answer or action, but all that happens when I press �Click to play� is that it briefly shows me 3 pictures? I can�t type the word or match a word.  If it�s self-testing and then you check whether you�re right by clicking to reveal the answer, perhaps you could make that clear somewhere. 

Regards,
Louise 

29 Aug 2019     

john2128
Brazil

Hi Louise,

With the slot machine game I normally press play, let the students see the three pictures briefly and then ask them to repeat the 3 words or write them down. The difficulty lies in their ability to remember all 3. Normally they forget at least one. I have had great feedback in classrooms using this activity as a review of the words. Please let me know if you any doubts. 

PS. the same rules apply to the video clips 

30 Aug 2019     

elderberrywine
Germany

How on earth do you get students to speak, I mean, speak entire sentences, link ideas, state points, give reasons or contradict, converse, discuss - if they always work on this mechanical word level?

4 Sep 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, horses for courses? This must be intended for beginners and pre-Intermediates? There�s only so much discussion around fruit and vegetables! 

5 Sep 2019