Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > So excited my English speaking practice app just got approved for the iOS app store! Give it a go & let me know what you think    

So excited my English speaking practice app just got approved for the iOS app store! Give it a go & let me know what you think

kingfant72
Japan

So excited my English speaking practice app just got approved for the iOS app store! Give it a go & let me know what you think

Hey guys, I´ve made this super cool iOS app called "Naked English" (😃not that kind of naked! Naked as in natural and stripped of all the boring stuff). Just thinking if any of you use iPads in class you could give it a try with your students. If not, since I know for some of you English isn´t your first language, perhaps you can just have fun and learn with it yourself at home on your iPhone.

Here´s how it works: you are given 7 categories to choose from on the home screen:- conversations, fun facts, tongue twisters, business phrases, phrasal verbs, idioms, and positive affirmations.

You are then given a series of natural phrases which you try to read out loud with 100% accuracy. There�s a model recording by my good self for you to listen to before you give it a try. The app then gives you an instant % for your pronunciation accuracy. No worries if you can´t get it right first time. Just try again until you´re happy with your recording.

The cool thing with the "conversations" category is you say phrases from a common situation such as in a restaurant, and then your recorded phrases (eg customer role) are stitched together with recorded phrases from a native English speaker (eg waiter role), so when you play it back it actually sounds like you´re having a natural conversation in English. I reckon this is a great way to build confidence in any student.

The other categories I´ve set out to make a combination of informative, challenging and super fun, so basically anyone, regardless of their English ability, can get something out of using it.

Anyway, I´d love it if you could give it a try and let me know your thoughts.

Enjoy!

19 Sep 2019      

lreal3
Spain

Hi! I tried to find your app but I couldn�t find it on app store. Could you please post the url? Thank you very much.

19 Sep 2019     

kingfant72
Japan

Hi, thanks for checking. Yeah, you�re right, I forgot it can take up to 24 hours after approval for the app to actually appear in the AppStore. I�ll post a URL for you once it�s up. Cheers

19 Sep 2019     

kingfant72
Japan

I posted this in the category �games, activities and teaching ideas� because it is a game, an activity and a teaching idea! It is also free, so how exactly it classifies as spam in some of your eyes is beyond me. I�ve already used it in a lot of my ESL classes to good effect & thought some of you might like to do the same. The blandness and general nastiness of some people is all a bit sad

20 Sep 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hey Kingfant, don�t be so touchy! And thank you for sharing with us! 
Insofar as I remember, Victor has made it clear he doesn�t mind people advertising their stuff on here, and this resource is free, so I don�t think we need any more �spam� votes!
Have a great day, everybody!
Lynne  

20 Sep 2019     

kingfant72
Japan

Hey Lynne, thank you so much! I guess it was a tad touchy of me but it does hurt a bit when you�re accused of being a spammer/scammer. I made this to help people FFS. Anyway, it�s finally in the App Store. Here�s the link. I hope you and your students enjoy 😀👍 Naked English by Jamie McCormack https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/naked-english/id1387669398?l=en

20 Sep 2019