Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD 25 October 2019    

WOD 25 October 2019

maryse pey�
France

WOD 25 October 2019

Thanks again Lynne for your choosing my Obelixian daffynition !

Here we are for a new and laughing brainstorming ... Ready ? GO !

The word is BESOTTED. What will you say ?

Hugs to all. I am looking forward to reading your DELICIOUS ideas ! 

25 Oct 2019      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Besotted is an adjective, of course. It describes a new operation, you might have heard of it? It is when a qualified surgeon besots you; that is, he or she takes out the silly section of your brain and you become deadly serious about everything. My advice is: stay silly and do not go in for a besotectomy. 

25 Oct 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Besotted can also mean a thinking process finished. You took the best action which ought to work.  Best aught is shortened to besot and besotted is the past tense form.

25 Oct 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

I know this one. Besotted is an archaic word that fell out of use in the 20th century and is when somebody is so covered in kisses that they are completely unable to think straight as a result. 

26 Oct 2019     

MoodyMoody
United States

Besotted is an old form of sodden or soaked. "I got besotted in the rain when I forgot my brolly," for example.

26 Oct 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Literally means: "El besote de TED"

29 Oct 2019