Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF THE DAY, 09/11/2019.    

WORD OF THE DAY, 09/11/2019.

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

TO PROCRASTINATE.
To keep delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring.
Delaying and wasting time.
"It is so complicated, and such a delicate subject. I am not sure how to answer the Boss�s question about re-arranging the Office Staff. I think that I�ll just procrastinate, and hope that he forgets about it."

That is the correct definition, but Redcamarocruiser gave such a convincing, plausible Daffynition that I declare him/her to be the winner.

"Procrastinate is the motto of the Procrastinates, a group that is pro freedom of speech--even crass speech. -Tin ate commemorates the date 10/8 on which they attained victory when the appellate court ruled in their favor, upholding their right to use crass speech as an expression of their freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution."

CONGRATULATIONS Redcamarocruiser!

Please, continue the Competition by submitting your Word Of The Day to the ESLP Forum.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Les Douglas

19 Nov 2019      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Thank you, Les! I will post a new WOD as soon as possible.

19 Nov 2019