Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD beginning November 19, 2019    

WOD beginning November 19, 2019

redcamarocruiser
United States

WOD beginning November 19, 2019

The new Word of the Day for your consideration is Jentacular.

The aim of the WOD contest is for participants to create nonsensical definitions for the word, Jentacular.

Remember do not give the real definition.  

I am looking forward to your crazy, funny, clever entries.   

19 Nov 2019      

MoodyMoody
United States

Jennifer Aniston in this dress: jentacular!

19 Nov 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

The Jennifer Anniston connection is well spotted, MM - I love it, actually! - however, it�s not quite right. The Jentacular is the group of people ensnared in the tentacles of La Anniston. There are only twelve members of the Jentacular and they are completely Jendevoted. Sadly, they are as secretive a group as the Knights Templar, so who they are, I cannot say. 

20 Nov 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I love these responses!

20 Nov 2019     

maryse pey�
France

Poor Jennifer !

But here is a not so well known daffynition : JENTACULAR means JEllied �N� TArred vernaCULAR or - in other words - a very unlucky Aborigene been cast a spell on ... because he has lost the WOD competition.

20 Nov 2019     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Members, and Dear Redcamerocruiser:

The word JENTACULAR is not as innocent as it sounds. Its real meaning is quite naughty. The highly-educated MM, Lynne, and Maryse Peye, have tried their best to define this word. But their entries would probably only receive the German compliment,

�Was fur ein load von Rubbish!�

Their arguments can be accurately described, in Latin, as �Non sequitur�. All keen English gardeners will know that this means .... �I don�t have any shears!� (None secateurs).

JENT. The word JENT is a medieval corruption of the word GENT, (Gentleman).

To prove my point, in Belgium, the Dutch-speaking city of GHENT, where they speak Dutch, was originally called JHENT. Dutch speakers are excellent linguists, but even THEY couldn�t pronounce this combination of 5 letters, in their own language. So, they invented the modern spelling for their city, GHENT.

ACULAR. If you have studied Medicine to an advanced degree, (as I have), you will know that ACULAR is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, that is administered only intramuscularly. It is injected into the most fleshy part of the human body, "The Glutes".

Picture the scene of the injection! The GENT lies naked, face down, on the hospital bed. His �Glutes�, (the Gluteal Muscles), can be clearly seen. They are the Gluteus Maximus; the Gluteus Medius; and the Gluteus Minimus.
(�Daddy Bare; Mammy Bare; and Baby Bare�.)

Together, in a thick fleshy mass, these three muscles form the bulge of the hips, and,
(if you will pardon the use of the word, ladies),
the buttocks.

In Lower Class Society, this last word, �buttocks�, is often referred to as �The Bum�.

Consequently, you will readily see that JENTACULAR, (JENT-ACULAR), means, �An injection into a man�s bum, to try to make it smaller�.

Unfortunately, one of the side-effects of this treatment is, �Trauma in the Gluteus Maximus!�

From this, originated the expression: �He is a Pain in the Bum.�

I trust that this simple, modest text, serves to increase your knowledge of English vocabulary.

Les Douglas

20 Nov 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Wow, Les! Lestacular entry!

20 Nov 2019