Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet picture copyright / incomplete worksheets    

Worksheet picture copyright / incomplete worksheets

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Worksheet picture copyright / incomplete worksheets

(I think I tried but failed to make this post a few days ago, so if this is a repeat, I am sorry.)

I have just spent a very large amount of time making another phonics set (consonant clusters).
I would like to share it with you but... there are certainly images in the material downloaded from the �net.
I am aware of the images rules and I follow them.

So...  �incomplete� activities?
If I remove the images and leave all the other parts exactly as they are, is it worth me uploading / is it permitted to upload?
Would this be considered inappropriate?
I could of course just upload it and allow a moderator to delete it if there is a rule I am not aware of which I have broken.

Normally I would not contemplate this, but as it takes so long to make this stuff, I feel it will still be worth people downloading it and putting images into it themselves.

Here is a PDF sample (linked to my Google Drive with open access) of what I would be uploading.
I would be uploading many more pages than the sample contains, of course.

Challenge cards with pictures. 
Word cards with pictures.
Boardgames.
Word cards text only (match the halves)

If anyone would like to look, but feels that clicking on a Google Drive link might cause computer problems like a virus etc.(it will not), then please tell me what else I can do to easily share the idea before uploading.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17t7vN5J4d5IhorQUaiA64vCSmNC8ZFb_/view?usp=sharing

17 Dec 2019      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
There is no problem using pictures from the internet. Only if they are watermarked or if the have copyright . Almost all the pictures are from the internet. Very few teachers are able to draw their own pictures. 

18 Dec 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree with Silvia; those images look fine to use. Actually, it seems to me that we on here are much stricter than elsewhere. I have seen resources that you have to buy on TES - the biggest teaching site in the world - with copyrighted images in them.... Many times. 

Edit: I have just discovered an amazing tool; it�s a kind of zigzag or scissors sign - the key word is �crop�. If you right click on the image you want to use, this option comes up! So if there is a copyright mark at the bottom, you can just cut it off! Job done!TongueWink

18 Dec 2019     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Thank you for your responses.
Many of the pictures are in fact copyrighted images, but the copyright or watermark information was cropped off by me prior to use so they would look better in my activities. I always crop images to remove unwanted parts and to keep file size smaller without reducing image quality.
# So how about my original question, if I may reiterate: If I upload the files without the images, will they just be deleted?
I do not care about getting points or being able to download others� worksheets as I only use what I make, but it will take my time to do it.

18 Dec 2019     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think that if there should be images and you cut them off, the worksheet will be reported as empty or corrupted. In my opinion, the worksheet should be complete so that teacher can it use without any extra work. But this is just my opinion. 

19 Dec 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

No, they can�t be reported for missing images.

Edit: Sorry Matthew, I misunderstood your question initially and I have just read Silvia�s answer. I hope that if your uploads come with an explanation, there should be no reason for moderators to report them. Then, people are free to download them if they want to. The wss look really great, thank you for sharing!

Edit 2: insofar as Silvia and I are concerned, I guess it�s just our opinion and for a definitive answer, you will need to ask Victor. 

Lynne

19 Dec 2019     

Kellysugey
Peru

your worksheets  are very  nice.Thank  you 

19 Dec 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Just to add to my answer- yesterday I bought a resource from a very well known website, much bigger than this one, and it was full of watermarked images, 123rf and all sorts. Just saying.

20 Dec 2019     

karagozian
France

@Lynne. Well I have never ever bought anything. Not a single pic. There are so many varied things on here and on the net. Moreover they are free. BTW happy Christmas to ALL of you.

22 Dec 2019     

Ignatz
Hong Kong

Wow, I bet that took a large amount of time. I love the game with the consonant cluster onsets and would use that if you decide to upload it. Consonant clusters are very difficult for learners in Hong Kong!

I�m afraid I can�t contribute much to the conversation. I am new to the site and clicked here because I�m trying to figure out the rules. I can say that posting with an explanation does not always work.

I found this site two years ago, posted a couple of my own worksheets with clean clip art and had one reported and taken down, apparently because it has my copyright in the footnote, and that does not match my username. I sent an email to the admin address given, but received no response, so I just let it go and stopped using the site.

A week ago I wandered back here, and found that one of my worksheets was still up and had earned some points. So I posted two more worksheets WITH an EXPLANATION and one was reported and taken down. I sent an email to admin, and have not heard back.

My other worksheet is still up, and has earned enough points that I have free downloads for now.  We�ll see how it goes :)

9 Jan 2020