Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > How do one make such beautiful sheets??    

How do one make such beautiful sheets??

AnnDyr
Norway

How do one make such beautiful sheets??

Hi everyone. I am new to this, and I would really like to contribute. There is nothing wrong with my creativity, but I am wondering how you make the sheets. They are all so professional and colorful and detailed. How do you use your computers to do this? Are there any specific programs? All I have is Paint and Paint 3D, and it is a pain in the neck to even try to get an A4-format. Or do you do everything by hand, and scan it? I appreciate any advice! Best regards, Anne from Norway.

3 Jan 2020      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Anne,

Welcome on ESL.

You will find some tutorials with the link above.

At the very first I was completely unable to do something other than a very simple document then... I have found the tips like : "copy and paste" on a page.doc or page.docx and ... and .... or how to make a powerpoint.

You need training. 

Take care of the weight of the pictures, of the banned copyright or watermarks.

Welcome again and good training. I am sure you are going to surprise yourself ! It is often simpler than we think.

Maryse ;) 

3 Jan 2020     

AnnDyr
Norway

Thank you, Maryse! :-)

5 Jan 2020     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Welcome.
You could also browse others� worksheets, find a format you like, and then ask the contributor if it�s O.K. to use their contribution as a template. Of course you need to insert your own content, but if the document is already in a format that you would like to use, and if the contributor says it�s O.K., you could save time and learn that way.
Microsoft Word, even the 1997 version, is perfectly good enough to insert images, Word-Art and Auto-shapes.
I usually save my files as �Word 97-2003� format before uploading here.
I do that as the latest version of Word uses a more user-friendly menu layout when opening files of that format.
I do not usually make particularly colouful worksheets (as at work I have to make many, many copies of only black&white).
However, you have my permission to download and then use anything of mine as a template.
I very rarely download from here - I am not trying to increase my points as I never need them.
If I had a way to give you colouful templates, and if I knew what kind of layouts you were trying to create, I would give you some files. 

5 Jan 2020