Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Let īs play a story game - CONTINUE    

Let īs play a story game - CONTINUE

moravc
Czech Republic

Let īs play a story game - CONTINUE

Thank you for your imagination and playful time...
I ADMIRE YOU ALL !!!!
In the next box you will find the story we have created in the last 20 hours...
you can easily read all parts AND....
You can continue  !!!

13 Mar 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

Let īs play a story game ! Ok, let īs make a story !!! Let īs see if there are some excellent writers :-D I will start the first sentence and each of you will continue...

OUR STORY so far...

One sunny day I was walking through the park.
"Wow, I could really use a smoke", I said to myself.
It was a late September afternoon and the leaves were already turning brown.
It had delicate blue petals and a strange glow about it...
There was a light breeze and the smell of freshly cut grass.
The pond reflected the pure cloudless sky and a few birds were offering the stroller their lovely ballet.
When I chanced upon a strange looking plant, hidden in the grass.
It reminded me of the 60 īs.
That guitar-shaped plant stood there proudly among his green fans, like the Bee Gees on the stage...
I started to think about past, really past...My childhood. It was.....
or like John Cleese playing a funny part in a strange movie.... Wink
Or was it the Beach Boys?
How silly of me! What on heaven could the Beach Boys be doing there, hidden among the grass?
And so small... Could this a kind of joke, or may be a kind of silly Alice in a kind of Grassland?
As I was musing on the past, I heard a gentle melody from afar, as if somebody was playing a violin.
But it was only the wind warning me that a storm was coming and there I was- without knowing who had sent me that note, waiting for something to happen...
Suddenly I had a strange but a soothing feeling. I couldn īt really explain it, but somehow I was waiting for something good to happen, although dark clouds were gathering above my head in the sky. 
So I pulled the note out of my pocket where I had so carefully placed it, unfolded it and...
it read: "you are invited to the plant-smoking party tonight"...
...and there I was, trying to guess whether it was a dream or a funny joke of the real life...
But I was to high to tell the difference.
...and again the sound of that guitar... Oh, what a feeling!
It reminded me of my younger days in Paris where I felt free and alive.
And I was thin.
My whole life was before me....I really didn īt know what was waiting around the corner...
and I had the entire world in my hands. I would like to have the same feelings again so ..
I ran out to find a mini-skirt and a pair of high heels.
Gosh! This mini-skirt doesn īt fit me anymore!!!!
but I looked myself on a mirror and I couldnīt find me, so.....
...I realized that I was a vampire and I need blood ...
So I turned into a bat and flew out the window looking for a delicious neck to suck...
... I flew for a looooong time but couldn īt find any. ;)
until I found the greatest one!!!
I sank my sharpened teeth into his lovely neck and........
puaj... I īm vegetarian!! so I flew again to the park and...
The last think I remember is that I bit a very huge tree.
I lost control, perhaps I fainted... When I came round I found myself in a large bed. Lying there I tried to look around - my neck hurt a lot - and I saw a big room, but the walls were very strange....as if there were of stone... like a cave... in fact I couldn īt really realise where I was.
I lay there, wondering what would come next. What if the creature was still alive? I was sure that we had killed him during our last confrontation, but then again, he had taken us aback so many times before, coming back from the world of the dead. This time I was adamant: I should kill him once and for all. He was a threat to humankind and someone should stop him before it was too late.
And then I heard it,  the guitar music, "More than a feeling".  I felt as if I was being lifted, levitating slowly from the dark, evil bed--the music drew me closer and closer.  And then a smell, what was that smell? It was very familiar to me, but I couldnīt quite pinpoint it.  Or? ....Was it? ...Had it really been so long?  I did know that smell, it was the entrancing smell of... 
Oh, my God! Gosh. I forgot my cake in the oven.
Now, no "Happy Birthday Cake "
But, it couldn īt be... oh, no I wasn īt at home. But it was definitely the smell of a cake. Somebody was baking a cake somewhere... I wanted to find out where the sweet smell was coming from.
This sweet smell was coming from my new neighbour īs house. I hadn īt had the opportunity to welcome them so I grasp this chance to meet them..Walking to their home I listened to a painful screaming...
Ohhh,no !!! what happened?-  my neigbour īs  house was full of flame! it was great fire for our place .
But when I looked through the window, I saw that there weren īt any flames at all!
It was a huge orb the size of a soccer football.
It was silver and gold and illuminated the whole room.
What was this? What is going on? Could it be an invasion from some foreign planet?
Oh no, it īs Elvis Presely and he īs singing  "Heart Break Hotel".
I can īt find my Blue suede shoes!!!!!!!!
Where are they? Why am I barefoot? I want to cry in the chapel. Why am lonesome tonight?
"How you doin �?", said Elvis with a flirtatious look in his eyes.
"Strange," I thought, "he sounds just like Joey from Friends. But i like it. Hmmm."
"Could I fall in love again?" I asked to myself while I was looking at his awesome body...

13 Mar 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I looked into his beautiful eyes and...

13 Mar 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

...I close my eyes and I realized that I have forgotten something...

13 Mar 2009     

spring
Turkey

..How could I forget such an important thing..
 It was hidden deep in my heart for a long time. But suddenly it fell into my mind..

13 Mar 2009     

Montypython
France

yes... it was so lovely and so important to me....

13 Mar 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Yes, I have it now.  That poem that I had written so many, many years ago.   It goes like this: 
Out in utopia where no living man has been through the realms of reality yet I have seen.  
 Like a flower that withers and then comes to life.   
How does the rest go?   My God, I can īt remember it was so special and so important.  Let me think  how does it go...........

13 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

think, shmink, lets get back to  :
I was looking at his awesome body... trying to remember

13 Mar 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

...the pre-sale tickets that i had bought for his "concert" which went on sale today...

13 Mar 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Oh yes, the body.  Definitely have to go back to the body.  I don īt know why my mind wonders off like this.

13 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

Maybe it was Elvis� fault or maybe not, maybe I was dreaming and Elvis was just a figment of my imagination..

13 Mar 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >