Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > b and d difference    

b and d difference

jen9222
China

b and d difference

My students are confusing a b and d when reading words. Does anyone have any advice/activities I can do with them to help?

10 Feb 2020      

redcamarocruiser
United States

The word bed starts with b and ends with d. You can make a representation of a bed by making the thumbs up gesture with both hands and .oving them toward each other until they touch. The left hand thumbs up looks like a b to the student looking at his hands 👍. The right hand thumbs up looks like a d. Unfortunately, I don�t have a thumbs icon facing the opposite direction, but hopefully you can imagine it with the second icon reversed and the hands are touching folded fingers 👍👍 so that the thumbs are each on the outside, forming the head and foot of the bed. The folded fingers form the mattress. bed.

10 Feb 2020     

marklloyd
United Kingdom

make sure that you are also teaching them aa ba caa daa for listening power too and if you want help so visit at Dissertation Writing Services

10 Feb 2020     

FrauSue
France

I came here to say the same thing as redcamarocruiser. Here are a couple of visuals to help:
Image result for bed word spellingImage result for bed word spellingImage result for bed word spelling

11 Feb 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Nice visuals, FrauSue! They make it very clear!

11 Feb 2020     

jen9222
China

Thank you so much

12 Feb 2020