Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption competition    

Caption competition

karagozian
France

Caption competition

THE LEGENDARY CAPTION COMPETITION !

Well, well ! What is going on here, nobody in sight ! Either everybody has gone hiding, trying to avoid viruses and other plagues. I did not get that many reactions for my lousy picture. It ultimately turned out to be a mini competition. Not inspirational enough you may say. Well, the woman seems much more resolute than the man (normal, you will tell me, these days). Maybe she is attacking, with her club, this famous virus that ruins our lives and finds her husband unbearably too passive in the face of this scourge.

Well, anyway, the show must go on, whatever the context. As usual the second most difficult thing is to decide who the winner is (the first, being - Karagozian inserting a picture on the forum -). Three competitors made me hesitate quite a bit. Les of course. Sharwong, Douglas and jfaraujo. I decided to use a dice with four sides (which does not exist) and it iss Les who gets the trophy. So I am passing the torch to him for the next super edition. Sorry for the other 3 who as good. It is now up to you dear friend, or either wait maybe until better times come.

All the best to the competitors and to everyone. (tried to get rid of all the apostrophes)

Monique

9 Mar 2020      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Thank you, Monique.

When I find a suitable Caption-Competition photo, I will post it up here, on the Forum

Thank you to all those who took part.

Les Douglas 

9 Mar 2020     

valodra
France

Nothing to do with the caption competition - sorry about this ;-)) - But I really wanted to thank you, Monique, for the wonderful papers you upload here ; I know you do not need advertisement ….but it IS so great to have the students� ws, the teacher�s note AND the key altogether in the same document !!  ( I am referring to your listening comprehension for example ).
Soooooo - tons of thanks from a tired teacher !!
;-D

9 Mar 2020     

karagozian
France

Ouch !!

9 Mar 2020     

douglas
United States

As a former pen and paper gamer, I feel obliged to inform you that 4-sided dice do exist. Perhaps you could one for your next competition :).

10 Mar 2020     

karagozian
France

Oh dear !!!

10 Mar 2020