Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Free online digital literacy assessment (and free basic comp course)    

Free online digital literacy assessment (and free basic comp course)

Jayho
Australia

Free online digital literacy assessment (and free basic comp course)

Hi everyone

I came across this and I found it quite useful:

Online skills test available for:
  • Essential computer skills (basic comp skills, internet, email, Win 10, Mac)
  • Essential software skills (Word, Excel, PPT)
  • Using technology in daily life (Social medial, info literacy, career search and digital footprint)
They have also made available for free the basic Computer skills online course during COVID19

Hope some of you find these links useful for your online teaching.

Cheers

Jayho

26 Mar 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

This is very useful! Thank you Jayho! 

27 Mar 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

This was my result. I got all the skills right except for locating the button to turn on the computer. Haha! I turned on the monitor instead of the computer.

https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/ is a site that offers free tutorials for Microsoft Office and more.

27 Mar 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you Jayho and Mary.

I made a wish to see more of Jayho on the site and I�ve got it; she will have more time to check in here with the current lockdown situation. I got my wish, but it brings to mind The Monkey�s Paw. This is a great story and there are some great resources on here to teach it - including a ppt with sound effects. It always goes down well. You start by asking your students to write down their three wishes. After the story, they review them. 

Be careful what you wish for....  

27 Mar 2020