Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > doubt about activities because they are very useful    

doubt about activities because they are very useful

rimiani
Brazil

doubt about activities because they are very useful

Hello how are you?

I am really sad about are cut my vocabulary list activities because for me this is an excellent activity, very useful, that gives the teacher the opportunity to work on many other issues that can be developed from a vocabulary, a bank of words. You can work with the use of the bilingual dictionary. One can train writing, reading, spelling and pronunciation. In addition, it was designed with environmental awareness, without wasting paper since there are 3 lists on a single sheet, serving 3 students at once, reducing the number of copies and the irrational use of paper. Here in my country, saving resources is very important since many teachers sometimes have limited resources at their disposal. I hope you take that into account. All my activities are done with great care and dedication, thinking about the possibilities of learning in the classroom and the functionality in everyday life, adapting to the reality faced.

Thank you for your time,

Teacher Risiani.

30 Mar 2020      

Mr Jazz
France

So? 

30 Mar 2020     

rimiani
Brazil

They are reject my activities!I think isnt fair, because it has propouse and are very useful. Whats tour opinion about? Im wrong? What I cant see?

30 Mar 2020     

savilla
Australia

Hi,

It�s really good that you designed your worksheet to save paper, as all of us have limited resources.

At the schools I�ve worked at, I wouldn�t be allowed to use your worksheets, because I�m not allowed to use the students� native language and nor are they.
What about doing a worksheet with pictures of a supermarket, a school and a bakery, and the students have to match the pictures with the English words?

30 Mar 2020     

rimiani
Brazil

Hi, Savilla, 

The activities recommended by you are really good ... I also use them. But this is an activity to start a didactic sequence in which the first step is to use the bilingual dictionary to establish a connection between the two languages. Other activities will come later, such as showing a video of a city, its stores, people and their shopping habits. Activities of linking, munerar, writing, interpreting. After. The problem is that some take the merit out of the activity. Her worth. It seems to me that some do not know how to make good use of it ... what does not fit the reality of a teacher can be exactly what another teacher is looking for. Our realities are often different from each other. Why is it so difficult to make them understand?

Thank you for the words! Bye!

31 Mar 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Yes, the worksheets are useful, but I do not see any instructions on the worksheets (or is the image too small to read the instructions)? All worksheets must include instructions, I believe.

I believe that if you write instructions in English on them that the students must use a dictionary to look up the words they could be accepted.  You could add an activity matching the words in one column to their definitions in another column on a second page.

Edit:
Looking at the worksheet on another device I now see that your instruction to translate the words is there. (I could not see it when I checked on my phone earlier). So, in my opinion the worksheet should not have been deleted. Try uploading it again. As far as I can tell, you did not break any rules.

31 Mar 2020