Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > :(    

:(

source
Turkey

:(

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=196088#thetop

Only 1 , I �m discouraged!!! I had better post a poster or bla bla cake....I spent my time...Maybe I am not good enough...

14 Mar 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

You just didn �t give people a chance to take a look at your work. It �s saturday, and people are still in their beds, or with their families, or ... 

14 Mar 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

Heya,

Don �t be discouraged, it �s only morning in Spain and there �s still many many hours in which people can download worksheets. Sometimes what we upload just isn �t what people need at the moment. We cannot all have 100 downloads every time we create an activity. Plus if everyone who has little downloads would complain, the wall would be stuffed with comments like yours. I �m not trying to offend, it �s just we have talked bout "advertising" own worksheets and agreed it �s not to be done.

Take care!

14 Mar 2009     

orisya
Ukraine

dear source, don �t be discouraged!
sometimes we imagine that after we put our worksheets here, they �ll bring us many points, they �ll give us many thanks and other teachers will use the work of our hands and minds  immediately:) But in reality things don �t look so cute, actually.

I want to inspire you!
you added your work to the collection of the greatest worksheets and people who �ll be searching for Present Simple and Present Continuous will gradually download your work.

Sometimes it can be that the worksheet is really amazing, but it was placed to the ESL Printables not in the right time - while teachers are enjoying Saturday-Sunday rest or in the middle of the school year, when basic rules are already explained and teachers are searching for unusual activity-worksheets and for a variety of tasks...

Keep working on your worksheets and remember that all you do will of course be needed and used by others, but everything in it �s time!

Sincerely,Heart
                 Orısya

14 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

You are all perfect teachers I suppose as giving courage to students is the utmost

important feature... Thanks a lot... Actually I did not want to advertise them but I got

really dissappointed because sometimes some ws can be overlooked. But thanks

İvona,maayyaa and orisya.....You make me optimistic again :)

14 Mar 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Good morning Source! Come on! Cheer up!...  If you think there is the possibility that you �re not good enough, it �s time for you to find out the reason why the worksheets in your post have not been appreciated so far and do something about it.

You know that there are thousands of worksheets with the simple present and also thousands with the present continuous, which means that we all must have a bunch of them in our files , meaning that now we only make downloads on those topics when we find an outstanding worksheet with different types of somehow "innovative" exercises.

So, if you want to take the risk on working on these topic, maybe you should search for the most downloaded worksheets and try to see what made people download them. Compare your work and see in which areas it must be improved  - is it the type of exercise? Are they meaningful? Is it the instructions that are not clear enough? Is it the number of exercises that is not enough? What about the rules? Are they simple and clear? Is the work well presented? Was the blank sheet of paper  covered in an appropriate way or is there too much empty space that could have been used with exercises? etc, etc, etc....

Personally, when I see that something is wrong with my work, after that initial period of frustration and sadness, I roll up my sleeves and take the plunge...  And I know that is what �s going to happen to you too.

Have a nice weekend!
mena

14 Mar 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Mena Clap    I totally agree with you.

Have a nice weekend everybody!!!!!!!!!!

MAR Smile

14 Mar 2009     

nanaduhalde
Argentina

I must agree with you all... if that is possible. I understand the frustration of getting few points after a hard work, specially when you see that other simple creations such as frames and colouring pictures get a lot of points. But on the other hand, the idea is to share and help others, no matter how many points you get. If it is useful for a person, good for her and for you. We all need different things and we all can colaborate with different things. I admire people like Gabitza, Pika, Grenchfrog, Libertybell, Mena and others, for the quality of their contributions, and for the quality of being nice people. I�m always happy to see they have something uploaded. And they don �t need the points, that �s for sure. Still they keep up the good work. In my case, I create new stuff because it�s something that makes me feel great. And if just only one person finds them useful, it �s enough. The idea around this amazing site is to share and cooperate, two fantastic things missing in our cruel society. So, don �t give up, and keep the spirit up. Have a great, relaxing weekend, because I �m sure we all need it and deserve it. Love, Mariana

14 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

Waoow..you are great....I love here and ı love people in here..thanks a lot ...

14 Mar 2009