Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > "Nudiustertian"    

"Nudiustertian"

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"Nudiustertian"

Thank you, Karagozian, for choosing me as the winner of the "Word of the Day" Competition.

Dear Members of ESLP, your new WOD for this occasion is:  

NUDIUSTERTIAN

Please try to define, describe, or disseminate details about this strange word.
However, DO NOT give the dictionary definition!

When I have received sufficient entries, I shall declare the WINNER.

All the Best of Luck.

Les Douglas 

17 Apr 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

NUDIUSTERTIAN is an adjective relating to a job that needs to be done without wearing clothes.
Example - During the economic crisis of 2008, I could only get nudiustertian work at a strip club where I would work at weekends entertaining women celebrating their hen nights. 

17 Apr 2020     

douglas
United States

Nudiustertian is a term of endearment that was taken from German and slightly mangled in form during the translation.

From the German "Meine kleine Nudistenausterchen", it basically translates  "my little nudist oyster"

Douglas

17 Apr 2020     

maryse pey�
France

The 3rd meaning is "(International) noodles - diurnal ones - made by the Cistertians (monks)"

You can eat these noodles only during the day. But I don�t know the actual reason for that, the mystery cannot be solved as the writing explaining that was burnt by the inventor while he was cooking the 1st dish of the Cistertian diurnal noodles...

It is said it might be some kind of secret medicine... Only God knows   

17 Apr 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A Nudiustairian is a person who refuses to get dressed in the bedroom, he - yes, it only affects males - comes down the stairs in his birthday suit and gets dressed in the kitchen. Strange, but true.

Ah - it�s nudiustertian. That is because he gets dressed on the third step.  

19 Apr 2020     

karagozian
France

You guys make me laugh. You�re talking nonsense. So, stop telling nonsense or saying anything about an area that you have no control over.

NUDIUSTERTIAN  simply sounds like  KARAGOZIAN.

Now, typical Armenian last names (family names) end with the originally patronymic suffix -յան (reformed orthography) or -եան (classical orthography), transliterated as -yan, -ian. Example: Petrosyan, meaning "issued from Petros" or "the son of", akin to the English name Peterson.  Some Diaspora Armenians have changed these endings to blend in their host societies. Today in Turkey "oglu" often replaces "ian," while Russian Armenians may change the endings to "ov"; e.g., Garry Kasparov, Sergei Parajanov.

So, when KARA means black, and GOZ means eyes, then KARAGOZIAN means "from the black eyed family".

Now NUDE  DIU  STERT  IAN which should sound NUDESTARDIEUTIAN. Yes, here again I must admit that Les is wrong. I know this is unusual but can happen to anyone, even LES.

Now, what does star Dieu or star God mean? Star God is defined by the lexicographers at Oxford Dictionaries as A star or planet worshipped as a god.

So NUDESTARDIEUTIAN  exactly means "issued from the planet of the nude God".

19 Apr 2020