Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD Word of the Day    

WOD Word of the Day

redcamarocruiser
United States

WOD Word of the Day

Thank you Jayho for choosing my daffynition for fudgel.

The new WOD is 

Discombobulate

I look forward to your imaginative definitions.

Mary 

7 May 2020      

maryse pey�
France

Oh oh ! How do you know about my DISappearing COMB BOB always uses to ondULATE correctly Hawaian dances ???

Afficher l’image source 

7 May 2020     

Cariboo
France

As it is lockdown time the discombobulate comes to your doors and entertain you with a mobile disco ball at your very own

doorstep .

That�s the lockdown version of the batmobile although bat is a word to avoid these days as well as pangolin.

7 May 2020     

Jayho
Australia

Well, ambulate, usually used in a healthcare sense, means to walk around and discombobulate, well, it�s usually used in discotheque dancing sense. Think of John Travolta strutting his stuff in Saturday Night Fever.  He was discombobulating.

8 May 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Wow, this really is a rare word and there�s probably only me gonna know it. First off, to be able to use this word, you need a friend called Bob and you want to get rid of this man by shouting at him. Yes, discombobulate means to finish with Bob. Dis = stop; com = being together with; Bob= Bob;  ulate = shout and scream.  Get lost Bob!!! Shove off, OK? It�s over! 

8 May 2020     

savilla
Australia

Discomb means to remove a comb e.g. from someone�s hair or perhaps from a horse�s mane. To discombobulate means you remove it in a rough and drawn out manner, e.g. pull a bit.. then pause. then pull a bit more. pause. Until at last, the comb has been entirely removed, hopefully without too much pain and loss of hair!

8 May 2020     

Sharwong
Canada

It�s the nickname for the weekly special that you can order  at your favourite coffeeshop "Dis combo latte".  For example, a beyond meat cheddar and egg sandwich with a latte.

10 May 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

I have seen this before and it is quite rare. It describes the phenomenon of a person called Robert and his unpunctual arrival at a nightclub or disco.  

15 May 2020