Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Check before you report     

Check before you report

karagozian
France

That�s what stardom is like! His work is awesome.

16 May 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@ Sylvie - it�s all good fun! . It�s true, when you see a really good contribution and the uploader has �nul points�, it�s practically guaranteed to be a copy. @ Monique, it takes one to know one. Clap
Lynne 

16 May 2020     

s.lefevre
Brazil

There are tons of copies every day. I know that they are, but rarely remember whose worksheets they are. I report them when they are clearly scanned or of they have a statement where they are from. What bothers me too is the fact (I discussed it some days ago) that so many members put some grammar explanation or a text without any exercise. I mainly report that kind of sheet. 
A long time ago, I bought Philips your whole collection, so I would never report one of yours.
But don�t get upset I isn�t worse it.
Stay safe 

16 May 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, now that we are on about moderating again - do we accept that not all resources need words? Bingo games, flashcards, dice etc... don�t need words to be useful EAL resources, do they? And I personally don�t report for tiny, indecipherable copyright marks... What bothers me, like Monique, is uploading others� work. It is always satisfying to find the original. I don�t really understand why people do it: what is there to gain? 
Stay safe,
Lynne  
EDIT: and today I see that a member has reported 11 contributions from one member (actually of the same nationality) for not being entirely in English. These contributions are old and had many points. This kind of reporting, while technically perfectly all right, stinks and smacks of spite. Fancy trawling through somebody�s old contributions like that. Not nice. 

16 May 2020     

valodra
France

Oh well, Lynne,
I used to feel the same like you….But people will never change.
I have decided I would not bother - any more.
You know what ? It is the same in my street : people keep clapping at the ones who helped us so much, but we can now find masks and plastic gloves thrown everywhere….
It IS just like that : Humans are NOT Worth the planet, IMO.....
Almost feeling depressed ;-)))
Val 

17 May 2020     

mfraczek
France

I just agree with Lynne.
I don�t post my worksheets on any other sites and I don�t think there are copies anywhere ...Or maybe my WS aren�t worth being copied.
But I keep on wondering why some people post others� worksheets knowing that may be  reported. 
I also wonder why some members report other members �s WS as today with a member reporting 11 old  contributions . What is the point?
This is a sharing site.... 

17 May 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I do know members who have stopped moderating because they don�t agree with other moderators, just got fed up with it. It is wrong - we must all make the effort to maintain what we accept is a wonderful site. Keep moderating, moderately! . Val, I agree on the broader point: what the hell have we done to the planet? Where will it all end? In the short term, I long for freedom. Just to go to the high street and meet my friends for coffee would be sooooo nice..
Stay safe!
@mfraczek, you have done a great job of moderating today, so well done, you. And me. LOL
Lynne  

17 May 2020     

< Previous   1    2