Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > REPORT ERROR    

REPORT ERROR

niksailor
Russian Federation

Hi ruthml,

Well, I think it would be more reasonable to let it go because, after cooling down and getting insight into the situation, I can understand the moderators who, as pointed out above, have a mountain of work to do as long as the necessity for online teaching these days is in the foreground. Let us, perhaps, exercise more tolerance even if in some minor cases we can be treated unfairly) 

Are you a new member here? I�ve been here for quite long already and can assure you (like, I guess, most of those teachers who have posted above) that in the majority of cases no problems concerning the originality of printables / powerpoints arise and, they are not subject to being reported. So, please, take it easy and do as I did, namely note that your piece is not copied from a book and is entirely yours. It works! Please, do not fear to upload your contributions! Don�t have any prejudices, eslprintables is one of the best sites for teachers! (What I especially like about it are its simplicity and "old-school" interface with no glamorous stuff 

On my part, I want to thank all those who check materials for complying with the site�s rules because given that they are surely doing it for free, their attitide to their work must be appreciated: checking all papers in such a scrupulous way is the true evidence of their genuine love for this site and what they do. Isn�t that amazing? So, keep going, guys! =) 

P.S. many thanx for the warm encouragement above!!! It�s finally summer outside and I hope I have plenty of time as to share new works with you! 

Yours,
Nikita 

3 Jun 2020     

ruthml
Spain

Thank you, Nikita!

I have a question that may be you can solve: did you send again the contribution that you made which was reported? I like the one I made that was reported, but when the moderators wrote me the first time and I answered assuring them that my contribution was made by me they wrote again saying that it had been voted as a "fraud". I answered again asking what did I need to do prove I was telling the truth, but since I never got an answer...I shouldn�t send it again, right? What do you think?

Thanks a lot again, Nikita, for taking the time to share with me your calming point of view!

Ruth

4 Jun 2020     

niksailor
Russian Federation

Hi Ruth,

I�d be pleased to help you resolve the problem. Let me first share my printable which was primarily reported for being clearly copied from the book: http://www.eslprintables.com/vocabulary_worksheets/people/names/COUNTRY_NAME_GUEESING_GAME_[fu_987438/ 
Indeed, at first glance, it may seem too ... refined, how to put it, because of the illustration elements and the background which were, however, used as they are deliberately. When I uploded this piece again, I left a note in its description saying that the material could no way be illegally copied from anywhere. 

If I were you, I�d formulate a similar passage to let the moderators know that your work is authentic and has nothing to do with kinda fraud or whatever it may be. And I�d probably ask them politely to submit any sort of evidence by providing, for example, a link directing to a book / article / internet resource which duplicates the contents of your work. Certainly, if they fail to do so, your work cannot be reported. But please make sure your contribution is indeed no act of plagiarism and there is nothing in existence that could literally repeat your product. Otherwise try to adapt it by changing something and, to be on the safe side, providing the relevant acknowledgements somewhere at the bottom of pages or at the end of the activity.

And, to make a long story short, ... my friendly advice would be as follows: unwind a little, let all the bad things pass by and take another attempt to share your work, say, in a week or so ... politely explaining your case again and asking for a possible proof. After all, our life is so bitter-sweet and sometimes better to do something in the proper time... 

Nevertheless, cheer up and share other cool works in the meantime!!!

Nikita 

4 Jun 2020     

karagozian
France

Dearest friend. Just send it one more Time. Tell them it� s YOURS. Nothing can happen to you. You didn�t get any answer and will not because this wonderful site is run by people who are up to their necks in work. You cannot blame them. Then the moderators who are trying to track down cheaters can make an unfortunate mistake. So if you weigh up everything that this site has brought you and the incident you have unfortunately been the victim of. Well, you have the choice between leaving or throwing in the towel and telling yourself that this has happened here to almost everyone. It really doesn�t matter. Try again and do not blame anyone.

5 Jun 2020     

< Previous   1    2