Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD DAFFYNITIONS RESULTS    

WORD DAFFYNITIONS RESULTS

Gurnoor
Switzerland

WORD DAFFYNITIONS RESULTS

Thank you Lynn for having chosen my definition as the winner. I am still up there somewhere in the clouds.
The word TIFFLEBUD was from your user name CUNLIFFE. As I sat staring at it, Tifflebud revealed itself to me.

Thanks Lynn, I agree, I would love that tifflebud invention, especially as my emogies do not always reach the other side as intended from my side.
MARYSE, what a clever and respectable "acronym" you have created to say what could potentially seriously ruffle some feathers.

SPINNEY, So sorry to have shocked you so! Perhaps tifflebudding would not really be tifflebudding if it were not so noisy for this sweet couple.
JAYHO,  Anytime you want to talk buddy, I am here.Though chocolates for your other (better?, surely not!) half might help resolve this tifflebud sooner rather than later.
Really SAVILLE, I desperetely miss all the tifflebuds i took for granted before COVID-19 so much.  And the accompanying conversations added so much flavor to those tifflebuds.
REDCAMAROCRUISER, are you referring to the tiffles of the "Forest of Knives" in Madagascar? My friend has promised me one for Christmas. When i have it, I will send you a picture. Promise!
FRAUSUE, You must be a stupendous teacher! Origin, all the three forms and a fantastic sentence that further clarifies the word.
Bless the souls that did the tifflebudding and spared the workers all those stinging scratches.Great!

My gratitude and thanks to you all!

DOUGLAS you are the winner.
You should get together with J K Rowling and start a new modern-day dictionary on sport. Quiddich, Qwaffles, Snitches and now Tifflebuds. :) :) :)
Your explanation, observations and comments had me in splits.

Congratulations! 

5 Jul 2020