Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > When and how are schools going back?    

When and how are schools going back?

cunliffe
United Kingdom

When and how are schools going back?

Hi all. Schools in the UK are set to go back at the beginning of September - they are already back in Scotland, actually. All pupils are expected to be catered for in school, so that�s an end to the online teaching. I was just wondering, what�s it like in the rest of the world? When are schools set to go back in your country? And how do you feel about it? 
Lynne  

13 Aug 2020      

crisgbv
Argentina

Hi there!!! Here in Argentina schools are still closed and we have reached 60% of the school year teaching online because the government started the quarantine at the very beginning of it. So far only 14 rural schools in one province are back, about 500 students, protocols for social distancing are in effect obviously. The rest is expected to remain online until october or november, that would be 90% of the school year. As regards the pandemic, we have just reached the peak of positive cases, after 149 days of quarantine, really, I don�t know whether to cry or to feel happy...

13 Aug 2020     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Hello my dearest friends! Haven�t seen you for ages because of my becoming a boss , and the dearth of time for teaching! But this year I decided to teach some hours, because I miss it. I hope you are all doing well. Schools in our country Kazakhstan going to start in September 1st, as usual, and 1st term we are going to study in a distance. Then time will show.

13 Aug 2020     

s.lefevre
Brazil

In Brazil, schools are still closed, and we don�t really know when they will be opened again. In São Paulo, the maire said some time ago that they will open 8 of September. Now, he is saying at the beginning of October. Firsty the authorities said that the private schools can start earlier. Now, they can only open when the public schools do. As we don�t have a real leadership (we don�t have a real minister of health) and as our president thinks that the Covid-19 is only a "little grippe", every governor or mayor can decide. 
As the school year in Brazil ends in December, in my opinion schools will only open next year.  

13 Aug 2020     

savilla
Australia

When the first lockdown occurred, the state that I�m in decided to go it alone, and contrary to all the other states and territories of Australia, to keep schools open. Because in our state, education is far too important to be interrupted by you know, a deadly virus..   That said, many private schools decided to close voluntarily.
A few months later, all the other states had the virus under control but the state I�m in mysteriously! had a second wave and we�ve closed our borders and introduced a mandatory rule to wear masks. The current situation is that most schools in my state are closed, or mostly closed. I have a little bit of work at a special school (casual/relief), and it is mostly closed. It�s open for students of essential care workers, as decided by the Education Department. I think that�s a big relief for most of the staff, as no matter how good one�s intentions are, the recommended measures etc. haven�t taken place, it�s not a zoned school and it�s not a safe place to work.  

13 Aug 2020     

karagozian
France

Nobody knows the trouble I�ve seen
Nobody knows but Jesus
Nobody knows the trouble I�ve seen
Glory, Hallelujah…

Armstrong

Dear friends, I know this is a serious subject among so many others. Couldn�t help to give it a humouristic note, though I know some do not understand or like that.

Anyway this is how I feel the situation is in France and Belgium. We do not really know if this, or that. Things and rules are changing continuously.

I wish you all the best, to stay safe and in top condition.

Monique

13 Aug 2020     

EstherLee76
Peru

In Peru there will definitely be no in-person classes in 2020. I suspect they won�t open schools until the vaccine is in place.

13 Aug 2020     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

They are going back in September in Ireland, I think it�s a good idea for primary schools but I am not so sure about secondary schools, more of those kids are able to study at home and also they are at higher risk of getting sick. Third level is staying online and that is good. Private language schools are going back and I think that is the wrong decision because you have a lot of adults in one room, many of whom have to share flats with lots of other adults, so if any of them catch it in school they will spread it to all their flatmates, so one school outbreak could be responsible for 100s of cases. 

13 Aug 2020     

minimal70
Morocco

hi there
we are supposed to start by september 7 here in Morocco; but i am not sure it�s going to be possibe; we are having a drastic  rise in causalties and more contaminated people are being reported right now. Though i dont appreciate online learning, i reckon it�s the only solution we can resort to. I hope they will get a vaccine by Fall. We are missing classes and students.

13 Aug 2020     

savilla
Australia

@RabbitWho: the trouble with primary schools is that young kids aren�t very good at social distancing, they usually don�t wear masks (in Australia anyway) and they often cough and sneeze without covering their mouth/nose.
I work at a primary school and a secondary school, and the primary school is by far less safe/healthy. Young kids get sick all the time, but we just have to hope they have something else, not covid.

13 Aug 2020     

mirita1959
Portugal

Here in Portugal we are going to start classes in the middle of september. At least those are the government�s plans. Everybody will have to wear masks all the time. Our temperature will be measured at the entrance gate, and we will have to desinfect our hands. There will be two different school timetables to avoid big group at the same time in the school building. Some students will have their classes mostly in the morning, and others mostly in the afternoon. Then we will change shifts. This way students will have the same opportunity to have classes in the morning or in the afternoon. In my school we are also going to use other buildings to put there some classes. The idea is to separate as much as possible.

14 Aug 2020     

1    2    Next >