Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

cunliffe
United Kingdom

WOD

Thanks to Gurnoor for choosing my definition for her WOD, which was dillsuenate. What does it really mean, though? I think it is three people in a pub whose names are Dillyn, Susan and Nathan, et voila! - Dillsuenate!  but I may be wrong...And I think that was savilla�s entry;-) (?) So here is your new WOD. Let�s have your entries please! Silly, serious, sibillant, sociophathic etc... 

EUDAIMONIA 

6 Sep 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

Really, Lynne! I expected better from you! Using Welsh words in this competition is just not fair on those that don�t live in the British Isles!
Oh well, at least it gives us a chance to enlighten those poor unfortunates that don�t live within the borders of our wonderful islands.
EUDAIMONIA is the Welsh word for Brexit, of course. ;-) 

6 Sep 2020     

douglas
United States

EU= Euro

Dai= day

Monia= money

In German, "daily allowance" is called "Tagesgeld"  which translates to "day money"; so Eudaimonia maens

Euro (the currency) allowance --which is what I used to give my kids when they were younger.

7 Sep 2020     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

Kingpin to his sweetheart: Tell me what it izz you love and want my glorious cuddle muffin!
Awwww! says Mona, the glorious cuddle muffin: WEll of courzz it izz you (eu) zee diamonds (diamo) and zee monnie (monia)my cookie monster! EUDIAMONIA,  zatt izz all I ever want. 
Eudiamonia is the daffynation of true love in the underworld!  

7 Sep 2020     

maryse pey�
France

It is a very very very very very ... rare disease : the one striking only the European Dalai-lamas - dead or alive - who feel some impossible insomnia period when the moon is blue.

7 Sep 2020     

karagozian
France

OK !!  Here everybody knows who this refers to !!!!!

demoniac (n.) 1.someone who acts as if possessed by a demon.

So WHO is possessed and WHO is the demon ?

No answer allowed as we are not allowed to refer to politics HERE !!!

How strange that it is Lynne that comes up with such a stupid word !!

9 Sep 2020