Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Favourite fonts    

Favourite fonts

David Lisgo
Japan

I use a lot of different fonts to spice up my worksheets, but the font I use most of all in worksheets is Century Gothic as it is easy to read and close to basic hand writing (printing). I also like the rounded fonts Arial Rounded MT Bold and VAGRounded BT, Porky�s and Peeps are fun.

9 Sep 2020     

Jayho
Australia

I am afraid I am very boring as I use Arial 11 for 99.99% of the time. I guess it is because I spent a lot of time in corporate (and still do to an extent) and that�s been the preferred standard business font here downunder for as long as I can remember.

Arial has an interesting background. It is a Windows clone of Helvetica because Helvetica was licenced to Apple, Xerox and Adobe.

10 Sep 2020     

bernicegalaz
Mexico

The book looks interesting.  

Nice topic, thanks! 

11 Sep 2020     

savilla
Australia

I�d use more fonts in my worksheets if I was making them using Microsoft Word. I can�t embed fonts using LibreOffice.

A lot of people have very fixed preferences etc. but I think generally using a couple of unusual fonts can be very effective. It can be easy to get overexcited and use 10 different and really cool fonts in the same document, and most people are then just like..  Whaaaaat?!

Also, some free fonts are pretty average, in my opinion. Or at least, they are good for the letters (maybe only lower case letters), but as soon as you look at symbols or numbers, you find that they are either poorly-designed, or they don�t work well with the letters. It�s probably not easy designing a good font!

I�m not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but there is a new open-source font called The Polite Type, which somehow blurs insults and swear words, to combat cyberbulling. I�m not sure how it works, but it sounds like an interesting idea/use of technology!

12 Sep 2020     

< Previous   1    2