Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Reported worksheets    

Reported worksheets

Nannini
Portugal

Reported worksheets

Dear members

I am here to express my disappointment regarding some actions taken by some members.

Yesterday I uploaded 2 worksheets ("Where are you from" and "Playground games") as a development of the writing skill. Both of them are ALL written in English. How is it possible that I receive a message today with a reported saying that "This is a message to inform you that your contribution PLAYGROUND GAMES has been reported for the following reason:
It is not in English language"???

What I conclude is that some members do not take time to analyse each worksheet correctly and simply reporte them. It is the second time it happens to me this week. Anyone else in this situation? Who are the moderators of this website? Is it Victor only? Two of my uploaded worksheets simply disappeared...

Regards 

9 Nov 2020      

karagozian
France

As one of the moderators I tried to check but couldn�t see any of your reported wss. And I do not remember it or them.

What I do see though is that you reported a ws. for the same reason.

Sorry that I cannot help you. I guess That contributor must feel just like you unhappy and frustrated.

Monique

PS:
checked once more.
Yours was reported for bits of sentences in Portuguese
YOU reported a ws with a Spanish sentence.

If I were you I would first read the rules and as a newcomer I wouldn�t dare reporting other people�s work.
Well that�s a personal opinion.

Anyway welcome to ESL if you still want to share your work with us.

Monique

9 Nov 2020     

Nannini
Portugal

Monique I replied the message I received from "eslprintables". (spanish flag) with the reported message.
Could you please check it?

Thank you. 

9 Nov 2020     

karagozian
France

It�s very simple.
Delete the sentence for which is was reported and re-upload it again.

Good luck

9 Nov 2020     

Nannini
Portugal

I did read your rules and I do think members should analyse ws better. Aren�t the rules the same for everyone?

I will re-upload them.

Thank you. 

9 Nov 2020     

alerac
Argentina

Instead of making a drama, re-upload the worksheet but 1st delete the words that are in Spanish.

9 Nov 2020     

mfraczek
France

Dear Nannini,
Moderators are people like you and me with over 5 000  points. 
I am a moderator and I try to do my best to be fair, but sometimes mistakes happen even if we are careful.
However, I never report a worksheet without checking... 
I would advise you to upload again your worksheet after checking that there�s nothing wrong with it.
I have also had reported worksheets without understanding why....
So don�t give up and keep on sharing you nice useful work.
Take care.
Murielle 

10 Nov 2020     

demeter_mar
Uruguay

Hi, the problem is that if any word in the document is not in English the whole worksheet is reported. I don�t agree with this, but it is in the rules.
I understand you, I have had a lot of worksheets reported only for a title or because I forgot to change "nombre" to "name".

I believe some moderators are too strict with that. For example today a test was reported only because the part where students write their names was in another language. I am a moderator too, so I expressed my opinion and voted to keep the worksheet.

But if you want to avoid all this I recommend you to avoid using any other language in your worksheet.

Good Luck

Ana Laura

12 Nov 2020